Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > IMAC
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having trouble with their IMAC renewal?

Community
Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Anyone else having trouble with their IMAC renewal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 05:56 AM
Geoffbob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else having trouble with their IMAC renewal?

Maybe I'm just the lucky one here... joined IMAC last year, sent a check for renewal and two sets of stickers May 12th. It finally cleared the bank on June 30th. It's now past the middle of September and I'm still waiting for the card and the stickers; I competed this season without one. No response when I e-mail Steve Evans, although I've e-mailed Tom Wheeler twice and he responded the next day both times; he told me both times it would be taken care of by the end of the week. I'm still not on the region roster and can't get into the members' area on the website. Is this typical? I'd just give up and join as a new member again under a different name, but I assume they check AMA status.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:03 AM
willembad

Default RE: Anyone else having trouble with their IMAC renewal?

Hi Geoff,

Have the same problem. I was a member before but didn't pay attention to the expiration date (a reminder would be nice). Anyhow, mailed my check and all and it eventually cleared the bank, but no membership and no magazine.

Tom Wheeler never returned my emails so I raised cane with my Regional Director. Got a phone call from Steve Evans himself the next evening. He promised all is well and that I am now a member. That was 2 months ago and still nothing....[:@]

Later

Willem
Old 09-18-2003, 09:52 AM
FrancisG

Same here. I mailed my renewal check in June and I am still waiting. $20 poorer, yet no card and no access to the "members only" link. As far as I know, I'm not getting anything for my $20. It makes me wonder if it's worth it to renew my membership at all next year.

In all fairness to the secretary, though, we should all realize that he is currently experiencing health problems in the family. However, it might be a good idea to have someone help out with his IMAC responsibilities.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:42 PM
capmike

yeah me too!mailed a check 2 month ago with no response,sent and email no response,I guess imac needs a new sec.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:45 PM
capmike

ps,didnt read he was having health problems,lets give him a break,after all his work and time are valentary
Old 09-18-2003, 08:18 PM
UNLDAVE
My Feedback: (2)

Hi All,

I believe the hold-up is the fact that Steve was moving....... from Ohio to?? I too sent off some $$ for a Membership and nothing has arrived yet. I would really like to have some stickers on my plane at The Shootout.......

Dave
Old 09-19-2003, 07:18 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ditto,
I am a new memeber, but sent my check in June. It cleared and Still nothing - Ed Alt said that something was going on, I don't know what, but I guess anything is possible... FWIW I did get the club discount at the last competition anyway, but I'm jonsen to read the magazine LOL.
RickP
Old 09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
lucas-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Im also a new member sent mine in July, got one Magazine but no numbers or membership.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:35 PM
lucas-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Ref Membership
I just received a nice letter from Tom Wheeler explaining, why things are a little late.
Steve evans the sec, of IMAC wife has breast cancer, and they are dealing with that, but said they should be caught up soon. My thoughts and prayers are with the Evans Family.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Geoffbob
My Feedback: (12)

I'll follow up on this, too. Last week I sent another, fairly nasty e-mail to Tom Wheeler. (Which I regretted immediately; don't send things in anger!) I received a very long e-mail from Steve himself on Monday explaining what's going on in his life. Trust me, you don't want to be Steve Evans right now. He made no excuses, but explained that he is very serious about his duties with IMAC and is getting caught back up. Where does that leave us? Dunno, but I'm a lot less frustrated than I was. At this point the season is basically over, and I'm willing to take him at his word; hopefully things will be cleared up well before next season.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:54 PM
peterea

I too have been in contact with Tom concerning Steve's plight. Yes, his wife is ill and fighting cancer. However, she and Steve are using the work in IMAC to take their minds off the illness and concentrate on life.

Considering what they're up against, I don't care how long it takes for my membership to be renewed. I too am keeping the Evans family in my prayers.