Back in the IMAC game

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 12:41 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Back in the IMAC game

My Dads Extra as it is now.

Will be recovered to look the same as the Extra I flew in 2006.

After loosing my 3M Comp ARF Extra 330 I thought I would be done with IMAC. Reasoning was that participation in IMAC has dropped in the SW region that I just could not justify the cost of replacing the airplane to compete against just a couple of guys. For the past few weeks I have been cleaning out my fathers house while after having to place him in a facility where he can get the 24 hr care he needs. Among the items taken out of his house was the CA models 38% Extra. After settling into my new home in the Portland area I will strip and recover his Extra to match the one I flew to 2nd place in the 2006 SW championships. I hope that this will somewhat keep my fathers legacy alive as well as boost participation in IMAC.
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-27-2019, 03:23 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I hope you have some warm rain gear since the two cities named Portland that I've been to both rain a lot more than California does and tend to be a lot colder, especially in the first and fourth quarters.
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 02-27-2019, 07:06 AM
speedracerntrixie

I'm aware, I will also have our first grandchild to help fill the rainy days. Seems California haven't been any better so far this year anyways. Due to other priorities and weather I haven't flown yet this year.
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 12-23-2019, 12:29 AM
ring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow model
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)
Old 12-25-2019, 09:11 AM
speedracerntrixie

After getting up to Oregon and getting my workshop set up it became painfully obvious that I just didn't have room for this beast of an airplane. I ended up selling it and bought a new sailplane. Here in the Portland area there is a very active sailplane club that puts on 2 sailplane contests per month May-October. I do still have my 1/3 scale Reed Falcon that will get new covering and a few mods to lighten it up next month that I will use in an IMAC contest when mt home field puts one on.

jnayjaso (04-05-2020)