Need ideas for a new IMAC plane

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 01:40 PM
kevod
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas for a new IMAC plane

Hi Everybody,

I need some ideas for a new IMAC style plane that is also capable of basic 3D.
I am looking for a plane about 30%-31% (90 - 92 inch) or there about and that would be able to handle a 70cc-80cc gasser.

I am definitely considering the Composite-ARF 2.3m, I am also considering the Aero-Works Edge 540T 31%.
I have heard a lot lately about the customer service & build quality from Aero-Works, lets not make this thread into another discussion on that issue please!

I have a FPE 4.2 (69cc) gas engine that could be taken off of the current plane that it is on, but the plane would need to weigh no more than 20lbs for this option.

Catches:
It would need to be an ARF - I do not have the time or the skills to build or cover a large plane like this.
I would also be open to ideas of slightly larger airplanes, but they would need to have good vertical with a ZDZ 80.

Any other ideas?

-- Kevod
Old 06-22-2004, 04:45 PM
trroscoe
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Need ideas for a new IMAC plane

Kevod

Check out the red, white and blue 1/3 scale laser in the classified adds. I recently got one of these and it is a great plane. Mine has a 3W75 on it for power.

Rick
Old 06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New ? you bet -
I am doing a Cassut 80" span 1900 squares, 44%-for my ZDZ80 .
also , legal IMAC.
signed
REALLY tired of the same ol stuff.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:34 AM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

I am having a ball with my Hangar 9 Sukhoi with a DA-100. It's very 3-D capable...pilot isn't. I just fly sequences. I woujld highly recommend this plane to anyone.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:07 AM
deweyd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

31 % columbo anderson would be good. but they are ARC. I fly a 34% and it is really nice..
Old 06-25-2004, 10:49 AM
kevod
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks for all of the responses guys!!!

mc130p_fe -
I had definitely thought about this one as a guy that I fly with fly's one of these (amazingly good airplane) - they are not selling this plane any more. It says on their website to call for more information about the plane, I called and they said that it was discontinued.

deweyd -
Is there a website that I can look at what they have to offer? I have heard of the Columbo Anderson's, but never seen on.

-- Kevod
Old 06-25-2004, 10:58 AM
dave_anderson
My Feedback: (47)

Kevod,

Funny thing, I am also flying a 31% Colombo Anderson Extra (see my website for a LOT of pics of both planes www.andersonaero.com . The CA kits are pretty darn easy to build. You can get them as an ARC as well. I believe you can get ARF's but I dont like the color schemes much. The CA site is www.camodel.com.ar Watch the videos of the Extras. They will make you want one. I am currently building a 38% now.

Check around. Chief Aircraft might have one or two Sukhoi's left www.chiefaircraft.com . If not, the H-9 Extra is probably just as good.

Dave