38% Laser 200 servo selection

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:02 AM
kennyandannie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38% Laser 200 servo selection

Hi all,

I'm looking for an accurate comparison between the JR-8411 and the Hitec 5645 or the Hitec 5945 servos.

I'm going to be putting them in a 38% Laser 200. The plane will weigh between 24 and 25 lbs. with the DA-100 that will be in it.

I'm looking for an accurate comparison, I know everybody has their favorites and their own opinions, however some real data will help me make the most informed decision. It is easy to find the manufacturers claimed speeds and torque, the data I'm looking for are accurate performances on speed, torque and centering ability. The centering ability is very important as my plan is to fly this plane in a few IMAC contests next year.

Thank you all in advance,

Ken Thompson
Old 10-19-2004, 07:32 AM
kennyandannie

Default RE: 38% Laser 200 servo selection

I just weighed my airframe, with the landing gear this time, it comes in at 19.5 lbs no radio or engine. It looks like the total weight will be closer to 28 lbs.

Still looking for info,

Ken
Old 11-16-2004, 08:17 AM
kennyandannie

Default RE: 38% Laser 200 servo selection

I'd like to thank everyone for their information. There is no need to rush in here and help, in my back issue of 3D Flyer magazine I have aquired the info I was looking for, and the servos are on order.

Ken Thompson