Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Carden Giles 300

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:12 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden Giles 300

I just started IMAC this year and had a blast. I flew in three contest at the sportsman level. I have been flying a EF Yak 54 during the contest. Every weekend the weather was some what windy and really affected my plane. It is only 16 lbs. and has an 87" wing. Needless to say if was not the ideal plane for IMAC. I still finished in the middle/back of the pack in sportsman. Basically I need a lot of practice, but I feel I need a bigger plane too (my wife disagrees), but my plane was consistantly the smallest each weekend.

Here is my question. How is the Carden 40% Giles 300. I know that they don't make it anymore, why? How do they fly at sequence? I don't fly freestyle so it would not be set up for that. If I want to 3D I will fly the Yak. I know that the Giles is smaller that the other Carden 40%'s and that is OK. I was looking at different 35% planes. What do you all think?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Carden Giles 300

I got one and I love it. For sequence flying it would be great. Very straight flyer. It makes you look good. Best windy day plane I own. The wing loading on this plane is a little high because its really small for 40%. Mine is 37.5lbs. It has no bad habits accused of the smaller ones. The neat thing about this plane is that it kinda resembles a Pattern design with the swept wings. It fly's like its on rails and on high rates/3D it'll out tumble my Cap. Its so stable that I have been passing the transmitter around to newer flyers to feel the big 40% gas experience. I think this plane suffered from the complaints of some of the smaller ones. Everyone I have spoken to about this plane loved it. With the DA-150 its truly a Hot Rod...I've flown 3 of these and there all the same. You'll love it
Old 08-31-2005, 11:55 AM
My Feedback: (69)

I had one as well, 3W 150QS, mine was around 34lbs and was a rocket, like mentioned before flys like a pattern plane on low rates and tumbles great on 3D. It actually 3Ds about as well as anything else out there. So, if you like the design, get one.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:12 PM
My Feedback: (5)

There's a 40% Carden G300 for sale here on RCU. If anyone wants to send it to me PM me.

Woops
Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ric, if you really want a plane i thing toby could hook you up with one for dirt cheep. his plane is what im flying.

brian
Old 09-02-2005, 11:30 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Brian,

That is a consideration! The Giles I found is still NIB and only a little more that what Toby wanted for the 36% Extra. I really like the way your plane flies, but I think a lot of that is you and not necessarlily the plane. I am vey value minded but I also want to get the best that I can afford. I am looking for this to be my winter project so I am in no big hurry. I wanted to talk to Toby some more but he was really busy and I needed to go. I am planning on going back out one of these days and flying there and spending some time talking with him about the Extra or the Yak (if he fixes the canopy).

Hope school goes well for you and don't fly too much, grades come first..[:@]

Thanks for all your help this season. Next year I hope to be better in my class and even win a couple. It will be tough, Brad is not going to move up to intermediate, which is where he belongs. He wants to win the reigon next year. [>:] Oh well I'll have to practice harder.... Anyway good luck and see you in the future.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 PM
My Feedback: (54)

Im picking one of these bad boys up tomorrow. I cannot wait to get it. Here are a few pictures. I will be probably flying this plane in IMAC sequence flying instead of my edge, i fly sportsman next year, and hopefully have the Giles going for the Deleware water gap meet. 40% #2, the edge has a buddy now. lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72266.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	318969  
Old 09-02-2005, 10:46 PM
My Feedback: (1)

hey ric, to say the least i was busy!lol. running an imac contest all by yourself without club backing is hard to do, let alone do it in your back yard. hope you had fun! concerning the yak, yes it will have a new streamlined canopy. i already had the mold back and am working on it now. should have new ones in about a month. any time you want to come down and practice or try out one of the designs just give me a ring! later, toby....
Old 11-27-2005, 09:49 PM
My Feedback: (49)

Hi,

After reading this section I decided on the Giles. I picked one up used but in good shape. However, I would like a copy of the instruction book/plans. If anyone has a copy to sell or make a copy of let me know.

Thanks