IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

CAP 232 from Atlanta Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAP 232 from Atlanta Hobby

Hey Guys,
I just bought the CAP 232 featured on Atlanta Hobby's website for $109.99. They apparently have quite a few of them and it looks like a pretty good plane. Sorry, I'm still new to the hobby so they all look pretty good to me; also I was hoping that this plane could be my third plane after I get some more stick time on the Super Stick. From the looks of it, this'll be a good plane to use for IMAC training and maybe even some Beginner Classes in the fall.
BTW, is there anything that I should know about flying a CAP? I'm currently flying a glow powered Super Stick (SS) and an electric Mini Ultra Stick (MUS) that has a Hacker A30-16M for power. So far all is going well as I have 10 flights on the SS and about 12-14 flights on the MUS. All told I have close to 60 flights between these two planes and my trainer. Plus I have been practicing on the G3 simulator for several months now and I probably have close to 150 hours on that. My goal is to eventually fly in both IMAC and 3-D events but I know that I still have a long ways to go but I feel that you got to have a goal to become a better pilot and that's mine.
So if anyone has any tips for this plane or just a CAP in general that would be great.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 06-22-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAP 232 from Atlanta Hobby

Nevermind, I was thinking of a different Cap 232 model.

Bob Richards

Old 07-04-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one at atlantahobby also (they're about 3 miles from my house), and I've probably seen about a half dozen of them shredded at my local field. As other posts have mentioned, I don't think its really intended for all out 3D, but its a good flying sport plane. Its a fairly large plane for its weight, so the tendency is to over-power it. I've got an OS .46 on mine, flies great. My only advise is don't try to glide it into a landing... fly it all the way to the ground. Also, if you have another $100, buy another plane for parts, before the store runs out of these planes! As you know by now, they are well built, great looking planes.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy of mine bought that ARF from them at the big swap meet in Perry GA for $100. I had just finished assembly of a KYOSHO CAP 232 that had almost the exact trim scheme and looked to be the same ARF. The KYOSHO had cost lots more than $100. I wanted to see the differences so built the Atlanta Hobby one for my friend.

Near as I can tell, about the only difference was the cheaper one didn't have lightening holes in the aft fuselage. And the colors of the paint scheme were very slightly different. And the cowl was fibreglass on one and some kind of white plastic on the other.

They both fly like gangbusters! Excellent flying airplanes. Best $110 you'll spend on an ARF.

Put an OS46AX on the sucker and she'll do anything in the Precision Aerobatics list of maneuvers. Will she 3D? Nah.... look at the strip ailerons. They don't have enough area to work well at zero airspeed with just the prop blast on 'em. But some 3D maneuvers, yeah, but not everything.

Everything a fullscale CAP will do, that one will do. And isn't that what IMAC demands?