Reload this Page >

Where is the Snohomish IMAC field?

Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Where is the Snohomish IMAC field?

Old 07-11-2006, 10:59 AM
bdunsire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the Snohomish IMAC field?

This is so strange - that there appears to be no directions or location information for this weekend's IMAC contest.?

I'm planning (hoping?) to attend the IMAC contest here in the Northwest this weekend, but I am not able to get directions to the field. I'm trying NOT to take it personally [8D].

The IMAC contest information (web) does not have a map (?), the field does not have a web site (?), it appears that no web site anywhere have a map or even directions to this field, and the contact email address does not get a response.

I guess I'm a weird one, I don't know where this field is located, and I have no IMAC buddies to ask. I've been Google (ing) for a couple of days, and I have even been 'flying' over the area with Google maps and Google Earth.. ????

Help - where is the Cascade Family Airpark, in Snohomish?? I mean, WHERE??

Bob (the lost one )
Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Where is the Snohomish IMAC field?

Here are directions from the south -- I already had them typed up...

SR 522:
Take SR 522 to Monroe.
Exit the highway at the first Monroe exit Monroe/ W. Main Street. This is the exit for Monroe High School and Dodge of Monroe.
Go 270 degrees around the round about and exit on the Old Snohomish-Monroe Road.
Go past Dodge of Monroe.
Go about 5-6 miles toward Snohomish.
Just past Treosti Road there are some green gates on the right side of the road. There is also a sign for “Cascade Family Airpark”.
Enter through the gate and follow the dirt road (trail) that winds through a field of trees and eventually passes under the RR line again. The road ends at the entrance to the flying park

Alternate route via SR 9:
North on Hwy 9 out of Woodinville about 9 miles (past the junk yards, the Town of Grace, through Clearview, past the McDonald's and Albertson's, and down into the Snohomish River Valley).
Turn right at the light (Marsh road) in the bottom of the valley (large piles of sawdust and compost at a nursery center on your left).
Turn left immediately (at the large Cedar stump) onto Airport Way and head towards Harvey Field (the Snohomish airport).
Follow this road as it passes the end of the runway, wraps around the airfield, passes an auto repair shop, airplane hangars, and the airport parking lot.
Cross the train tracks and the river bridge. Turn right onto 1st Av (the first stop sign past the bridge). This takes you through the 'shopping' district where all of the antique shops are located.
This road splits after a few blocks. Follow the veer to the right. This road (not sure of street name) goes for a half mile or so and passes some more shops, some apartments and houses.
When this road ends, veer again to the right. This is actually the beginning of the Snohomish/Monroe hwy. Very shortly after turning onto it, you will pass a soccer complex on your left and then pass under a railroad overpass.
1.3 miles past the railroad overpass, you will see a gate on your left. There is a small sign on it that says Cascade Airpark. Enter through the gate and follow the dirt road (trail) that winds through a field of trees and eventually passes under the RR line again. The road ends at the entrance to the flying park.

Since you are coming from the north I suggest you take I-5 south and head east on hwy 2. Get off in Snohomish at 92nd street SE. Go west to Lincoln ave. Turn south onto Lincoln. Go south on Lincoln about 1.5 miles and look for the green gate on your left just past the French Creek bridge.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91340.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	490169  
Old 07-11-2006, 06:58 PM
bdunsire

Outstanding! Thank you very much.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:32 PM
bhanley

Hey Galen - hope you are going to fly????