Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Spring fling IMAC in the NE.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Mike Brown99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring fling IMAC in the NE.

Our website is now up and ready for preregistration. If you plan to attend the Spring Fling IMAC event in Maryland on April 26th &27th. please follow the link and pregister.

http://home.hvc.rr.com/aerobatix/springfling.htm[/url]

thanks
Mike
Old 03-18-2003, 01:43 PM
ramrod
My Feedback: (43)

Default IMAC in MD.

Hello Mike, Chris and I just signed up for your meet. Looking forward to another good time in MD. PS - I dorked my IMAC # on the form, it is 3252 not 3352. Thanks - see ya soon ! Rod & Chris in PA.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	63869_800.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	39159  
Old 04-06-2003, 12:19 PM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

why are there no IMAC events in NEW England?
Old 04-19-2003, 11:11 AM
AJT

BRYAN01601
Good question! I'am so interested in IMAC. I have a new gasser too fly this year and I would love to go to one of these events just too see what It's all about. I don't think I have enough guts to compete, I would be too nervous! I would have to go with a seasoned flier just to show me the ropes. As you can see I live in N.Y. state so anywhere in the northeast would fine by me. A few hours in my jeep to get to a meet would be OK. I'll keep my ears open for a event close by and e-mail you if I find one.

AJT ;^)
Old 04-19-2003, 12:51 PM
TorkRollN
My Feedback: (22)

Default AJT

AJT,

I am going to Mike's event.
I go to have FUN and fly with all of the many wonderful friend's I have made through IMAC and giant scale events.

There is no reason to be nervous. Just go out and make an effort to practice the sequence.

If you want to come to Mike's event, I will be GLAD to show you the ropes.

I will be there EARLY Sat. morning.

Barry Finck
Grantville, PA
Old 04-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Mike Brown99

Default AJ

AJT,
If it is possible try to come down on Friday before the contest starts. That way you can get a few flights at the field. I find that it always helps to get a few flights in before a contest if I have not been to the field before. I will be around all day Friday doing sound checks and getting as many people registered as I can.

Chances are you will not have time to fly Saturday morning before the contest starts. All planes will be grounded after 8:00 AM on Saturday morning. If this is your first contest your morning will be full just getting ready for the contest.

Come on down and make sure you bring your plane!

Mike
Old 04-19-2003, 08:14 PM
AJT

Torkrolln, Mike brown99:

Of all the weekends to be Invited to a meet, It just had to be the weekend of the 26!!!! I have to work this coming fri sat & sun. Just my luck, I have off for EASTER weekend! Which I thought was great but now I having second thoughts about that! No luck I guess ( lol) I have to tell you both I'AM SO TAKEN BACK BY YOUR RESPONSES. I've said it before this web site is so incredibly good. There are just so many GREAT people in our hobby and both of you just proved it. All I can say is (Thank you) both. I'll have to plan on some other meet so I can make sure that I have off from work. Torkrolln, I just downloaded the basic sequence HA!! don't be nervous he says. Ok, Sure, (lol) I"am planing on flying my Gasser tomorrow. (sun) I have not flown it yet. The weather looks perfect for the morning, Sunny not much wind, hopefully every thing will go well! I'ts a TEXAS HURRICANE with a TAURUS 3.2 FUTUBA radio and HITEC digital servos. My heart is skipping a beat just thinking about the first flight. I belong to a very small informal club. No one but myself and one other, is flying an aircraft with a motor size thats larger than .40 I'll be the only gasser or airplane of any size. It just looks like I'll have to find a club where there is some IMAA fliers. Even though traveling is the issue. I really have a desire to learn how to fly better! But in order to do that I must be around people who can be critical and teach. THANK YOU both again for the offer, Have a great meet, and I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow!

AJT ;^)
Old 04-19-2003, 10:33 PM
RCAIR-BAM

Hey Mike,
I hope you have a good contest I will be there next year. As I told you my wife had to disagree and be late having the baby. She was born on the 17th so I'm out at least till the TOC of Maryland or Harrisburg. BTW she will have to learn how to cover some day. Talk to you soon
Kevin
Old 04-21-2003, 02:47 AM
Mike Brown99

Attention!

Anyone who is considering attending my contest next weekend PLEASE, pre-register.We are trying to have all of the names in the scoring program before Saturday. It would be a huge help if we had all of the names of everyone who is even thinking about coming. We can always delete your name on Saturday morning.

Friday, the field will be open all day for practice flying. I will be around all day setting up things and getting the names in the scoring program.

We are going to run a tight schedule on Saturday so we can get in a bunch of rounds. You can take a short flight Sat. between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. Registration will be closed 8:30 am. At 8:30 + or - the MD police shock trauma chopper will do a few low passes to get the show started.
The pilots meeting will go from 8:45 to 9:15.

I want to have the first plane in the air by 9:30 am.

By pre-registering you will be helping in a huge way to get things moving early.
Go to http://home.hvc.rr.com/aerobatix/springfling.htm to register.

Sound checks:
We will be doing sound checks all day Friday. If you can't make it here for Friday we will check you plane before you pack up Saturday evening.

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Old 04-21-2003, 08:09 PM
jaybird1

hey mike i"m looking for a da 100 or bme 102 if you know anyone that has one for sale i"m going to come to the show this weekend to see if i can find one do you think theres any chance there might be something for sale i"m bringing cash anyway can"t wait to see the freestyle c-ya
thanks
jaybird
Old 04-21-2003, 11:33 PM
hovermaster
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Mike,

Chris here, we are looking forward to coming down to your meet friday. We are loving our edge and we just recovered it so it looks a little better. lol. see you then.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	72640_2556.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	39160  
Old 04-25-2003, 01:40 AM
OnTheEdge

Originally posted by AJT
BRYAN01601
"........Good question! I'am so interested in IMAC. I have a new gasser too fly this year ....................." AJT ;^)
ATJ, there are at least two meets this summer that are with in two hours of you in Kingston NY. One is the Blackdird meet in Goshen NY and the other is the Delaware Water Gap PA meet.

I was like you last year when I flew my first IMAC meet at Delaware Water Gap. Trust me you have NOTHING to worry about! There were guys there just like me and we all had a great time. Even though it was a "competition", it really didn't feel like it at all the entire weekend. Wonderful bunch of friendly guys. One of the guys crashed his plane (Texas Hurricane if I recall) due to an engine flameout at low altitude. Three guys actually worked diligently to repair (and it needed a substantial bit of repair) his plane in time for his next round. They did it and they got it done in time for him to fly. It don't get any better than that!

You've got plenty of time to get your plane set-up and PRACTICE.
Go to the IMAC site and get yourself signed up. (www.mini-iac.com) You can also take a look at the sequences and the rest of the northeast schedule.

If you can't find yourself a caller, look me up. I plan to be at both of these meets.

Best of luck............Mark
Old 04-25-2003, 10:21 AM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

how far are those two meets from central ct?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:21 PM
AJT

BRYAN01601

I think I'am around two hrs from Hartford CT. and from Kingston it takes me about 45 minutes, If that to get to Goshen NY. So your looking at 2hrs 45min to 3hrs tops I plan to attend that meet as well as the Delaware water gap meet in p.a. Let me know if you decide to attend!
You are always welcome to stop off in Kingston on the way through (Wife's a great cook)
AJT.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:14 PM
RCAIR-BAM

Edge,
That man was Eddie Meyer and if you remember he went out and crashed it again in the freestyle event.
Bryan,
All you have to do is get to a meet and like Edge said you will have a great time and make some new friends and also become a better flier just talking and learning new things....
Now I'm interested to know who Edge is because I was at the PA. comp also?
Later
KG
Old 04-26-2003, 12:42 AM
OnTheEdge

Originally posted by Kevin Gabelman
."...................and if you remember he went out and crashed it again in the freestyle event........."

".......... Now I'm interested to know who Edge is because I was at the PA. comp also?.........." Later
KG
Hi Kevin, How've ya been?,
Yes I do recall , the same thing happened after the repair. He pulled in to a low level pop-up and the engine quit. Hopefully he got the engine issue worked out.

I flew in basic with you. Take a look in my gallery or my avitar and perhaps you'll remember the plane (I always seem to remember people by their planes.....sad isn't it?). Hopefully we'll meet up again in Blackdirt or Pocono. Still flying your Edge?

...........Mark
Old 04-26-2003, 03:46 AM
RCAIR-BAM

Edge,
Yes I still have the edge but it will be back up this year I bought a 35% wild hare G-202 and should have it up next weekend for the first time. I also remember people from there planes I do remember your plane but I thought you had the Hanger 9 edge so I can't place your face just yet. Who else were you there with?
I hope to make a few events but the birth of my daughter may put things a little behind but she's the best already.
I will be at Pocono,Goshen and Harrisburg though. hope to see you there...
Kevin
Old 04-26-2003, 02:16 PM
OnTheEdge

Originally posted by Kevin Gabelman
Edge,
" .........I bought a 35% wild hare G-202 and should have it up next weekend for the first time.
.................I thought you had the Hanger 9 edge so I can't place your face just yet. Who else were you there with?
..................... I will be at Pocono,Goshen and Harrisburg though. hope to see you there...
Kevin
Kevin,
Best of luck with the G-202. I hear they fly great! Congrats on your new child! They grow fast. She'll be flying in no time Mine's 2 1/2 and she just got her first Barbie airplane!
My plane is an Aeroworks 33% Edge. I was originally there with Tom Lowrie (Squeak) on Saturday but on Sunday I was the caller for Saeed and vise-versa.
Unfortunately I hear the Harrisburg meet had to be canceled due to radio interference issues but I'll hopefully see you at Goshen and Pocono.

Take care..........Mark
Old 04-26-2003, 08:55 PM
RCAIR-BAM

I remember now. I heard that about Harrisburg also but still do not know for sure. Rod from PA said they were having that problem but thought they might have some where else to have the contest. But my memory is shot so we'll see what happens.
See you at the next meet.
Kevin