IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Experienced Judges Requested

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Erich_F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experienced Judges Requested

Hello everyone,

I've been away from IMAC for a few years now, and have since I decided to give precision helicopter competition a try. Well, it's been two and a half years now, and I'm planning my 3rd Annual Tampa Bay Heli Classic. This is an AMA/FAI helicopter contest that draws some of the best contest pilots in the US, including three of the four US F3C World Team members. For the previous two years, we have used contestant judging. Generally, helicopter contests have a light turn-out (13 pilots both years), so contestant judging becomes burdensome for all competitors. Paul Giles from Port Charlotte, FL has helped both years as a seated judge, which brings some consistency into the judging line.

This year, I would like to solicit our Florida IMAC and Pattern brothers and sisters for experienced judges, so that we can totally eliminate contestant judging. The contest will be held March 8-9, 2008 in Zephyrhills, FL. We fly three rounds on Saturday, and two on Sunday. If you're interested, we can arrange a short judging seminar to cover the helicopter specific rules and judging criteria.

Volunteers for judging will get free lunch and drinks for the weekend. Also, you will receive a $25 stipend for each day you volunteer.

Generally, five judges are used, but three can be used at the discretion of the CD (me). Depending on volunteers, we expect to use five seats, however we may cycle judges and only run three seats, to give the judges a break every other round. Therefore, the number of seats will be determined by the number of volunteer judges.

Rules and regulations for AMA Class competition can be found [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/rulebooks/RC%20Helicopter.pdf]HERE[/link]

Rules for the FAI F3C class can be found [link=ftp://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc4/sc4.f3c.07.Rev1.zip]HERE.[/link]

A good presentation on judging helicopter contests can be found [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/F3C/F3C_2006_presentation_may.pdf]HERE.[/link]

If interested, or have any questions, please PM or email me.

Cheers,
Erich Freymann
CD, 3rd Annual Tampa Bay Heli Classic