IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

Entry level 50cc plane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Entry level 50cc plane?

ok, so i've been boring holes in the sky for years, and I'm going to try IMAC next year, just for some 'stimulus'. I'm looking real hard at the EF Extra 300, 88" Wingspan. What's the consesus on this bird for basic, maybe into sportsman? I've got a Brison 3.2, and wondering if that is too much weight for it.

thanks
mcmike
Old 09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
bjamesjr
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Entry level 50cc plane?

Mike,

Send a PM to Jake Ruddy. He's a mod here on RCU and has a lot of expereince with that plane in basic and sportsman.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
EXCAP232
My Feedback: (12)

Mcmike,
There are literally dozens of 50 cc planes capable. The concensus for the best is the QQ yak. I just finished one and the reports are true. I purchased the kit with the intention of installing a 3W-60 that was available. The engine box in the QQ is set very forward and trying to move it back would have been into an open area of the engine box. Others you may want to take a look at: TT Yaks and Extras (distributed by Chief and TBM), Dietricks fly well and the foam laminated constuction keeps them quiet expecially with cans. Hanger 9 has a nice Extra 260, Wild Hare has examples. Check out TBM, Chief, Dietrick, CA (Columbo Anderson), Horizon, Tower, Dalton, Carden, etc websites for ideas.

Your Brison 3.2 should work in most all planes. Good luck!

EXCAP232
Old 09-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Jim T
My Feedback: (1)

I'm also wanting to give IMAC Basic a try. I went with a DL50 and the Aeroworks YAK 54. I have a hunch I'll wear this plane out just learning how to fly the Basic routine with any kind of precision. Maybe along the way I'll get adept enough to actually notice small differences between all of the great offerings out there.

Jim