Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars > IRC Racing Support
Reload this Page >

1/16 Vulcan SE engine startup problem - Newbie need help

Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

1/16 Vulcan SE engine startup problem - Newbie need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
shermanyung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16 Vulcan SE engine startup problem - Newbie need help

Hi,

I'm a newbie in nitro cars and have bought my first nitro Vulcan 1/16 buggy last week. I filled the fuel in the tank and tried to start the engine accoring to the instructions of the hobby shop owner. But couldn't start and still failed after trying for more than a hundred times. I brought it back to the hobby shop for checking. It was fixed by the shop and I could start the engine when testing. However, when I brought it back home and try to run outdoor, the engine cannot start again. One more time I brought it to the shop, but the same story happened again. The shop said maybe my grow starter did not have enough charge but I'm sure I've charged it for over at least 8 hours before I used it.

I have read a few discussions in this forum about the problem of this car. But I really love this little thing and the design is so nice. I really want to have some fun on it. Can anyone give me some advice how to fix the problem? Or do I need to change/upgrade to another engine?

Meanwhile, I also bought the starter kit with 20% nitro as recommended by the shop owner.

Since I bought the buggy in Hong Kong, should I expect any warranty?

Tks for any help .....
Sherman from Hong Kong

Old 02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Dannn

Default RE: 1/16 Vulcan SE engine startup problem - Newbie need help

let the glow starter charge for a whole day...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:59 AM
shermanyung

Hi UnderOATH,

I tried to charge the whole day but still failed. Any other advices?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 AM
RC-BOSS

We do not distribute the Vulcan in Hong Kong so I assume you have some other brand similar to the Vulcan.

Anyway, try looking at the fuel you are using. Is it the same brand that the shop owner is using? Is your fuel fresh or old? Is the nitro content the same? Have you changed glow plugs?

Obviously, if the shop owner can start the engine and you can not, the problem lies with something you are doing when you get home.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:27 AM
shermanyung

RC-BOSS,

Thank for your reply. The car is really a Vulcan, cos I saw it from a local RC magazine which is featuring this and only after that I decided to buy it. I want to post the pictures here so that you can verify but I don't know how to post. Or I can send you by email if you want.

I changed nothing after I get back the car from the model shop. The fuel is the same and they are fresh (only a few days in the oil tank). The glow plug is replaced by the model shop which is the OS brand. Anyway, I brought it to another model to check for me, just take it back today and I can start now. But don't know whether the same thing will happen when I bring it for a real run. Let me post my result later.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:43 AM
lachy1

learn how to prime the engine and when your starting it, leave the glow igniter on while you pull the pullstart
Old 06-07-2007, 03:19 AM
TrigerFish

If u take the glow plug out and put it in the glow starter, not touching the ends, does it glow red? If not u need a new glow plug which is y it wont start!