Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

Vulcan Standard - Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Freman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vulcan Standard - Problems

So far I am not impressed by my Vulcan.

Wish I had found this place before I made the order

Here is my problems in order of discovery;

Motor would not start for love or money... Luckily I got the courage up to reset the mixture screws per the manual. The Low- Mixture screw was 5 turns out and the High end was only 1.5 turns out. So much for factory preset! The idle was way to high as well. After adjustments the motor starts eventually but still takes a while to get going each time. It's at about this time I discover this forum and read up about this and other issues.

On reading this forum I check my shocks, only 2 shocks had any oil in them (and only half full at that)!

So far all I have done is run-in the motor and probably put about 5 tanks of fuel through after that.

Next to go is the steering server, stripped out and all its done is running on my half dead backyard grass, stubble really (Brisbane is in theclutches of a very bad drought). But hey its rolled over a couple of times so I'm ok with that sort of.

So I take delivery of a new HS65MG servo, shock oil and get it all back together ready to finally get goin properly. Won't start! Fuel tank is now leaking fuel out the topworse than ever before! Luckily I remember reading about o-ring problem. So I disassemble the fuel lid and can clearly see that the o-ring is not big enough for the tank hole. Off to hardware shop to get the 14mm o-ring as described by the helpful people in this forum. It was a tight fit but it is now a perfect seal.. This inadvertantly fixed another problem I was unaware was a problem, the engine now starts incredibly easily!!!

2 tanks later I am finally happy with the Vulcan I bought, it's working like a dream now!!!

I was now ready to take my daughter out tomorrow to have a bit of fun together with it. Guess what? It no longer turns off, the little on off switch has now failed!

I can't believe it!

What next I have to ask myself. I have consumed about 650mls of fuel so far..LOL[8D]
Old 08-04-2007, 03:36 AM
Freman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vulcan Standard - Problems

Next:-

The rear suspension default settings means that there is too much range of throw.

When each side of the rear suspension reaches close to max compression one side of the dogbone end (the locking pin thingy) can (and did) pop out of the outdrive.

So now the outdrive is bent and damaged.

IMO the Vulcan is a lemon not fit for sale.

Hopeless.