Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Fast Idling Rabbit

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 07:53 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Idling Rabbit

I have a Power Pack non SP version of Rabbit. My engine tends to idle 5 to 10k fast, especailly upon lading at the end of a flight. What can I do to get it to idle at the 42k that the ECU is set for ?
Old 07-12-2015, 11:31 AM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have not already done so, relearn the throttle. Ensure you have full throttle and idle. Not sure if this will help
Old 07-12-2015, 04:35 PM
turnnburn

Yes, I have tried that.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:19 PM
M3Baker

Start your turbine. Slowly advance to full throttle. Then come down about three clicks at a time on your throttle stick waiting three to four seconds each time all the way to idle. If this does not bring you down to normal idle speed (around 42K), you may have some type of fuel restriction which will be indicated by high PW. If you're 350-400 PW at full power, that is around normal. Anything much higher is an indication of fuel restriction, ie improper venting or some other type of fuel restriction. 70-90 PW at idle is also normal PW.
Is this a new problem?
Feel free to answer on this thread or PM me if you want.
If we can't get this fixed here, we may ask you to send it to Jose for a quick check up. He can unlock the ECU and look a little deeper.
Let me know.
Thank you for your business, we appreciate that you have chosen Jet Central Turbines. We'll get this fixed.

Last edited by M3Baker; 07-13-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:26 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

it does sound like a throttle learn issue, had this on a rhino years back. Also are you running a linear curve in your radio?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is your trim mechanical or digital?
Mechanical trims are less precise and tend to do that, if that is the case, lower the trim one click when it is high idling and see if it gets back to normal.
Regards
Old 07-15-2015, 04:33 PM
turnnburn

Do you mind if I ask who you are and what is your relationship to Jet Central ? I will give your suggestion a try in the next few days. I am asking the gentleman from Lexana Kansas.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:57 PM
jetmon

Last edited by jetmon; 07-15-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:00 PM
jetmon

Old 07-15-2015, 05:42 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by turnnburn
Do you mind if I ask who you are and what is your relationship to Jet Central ? I will give your suggestion a try in the next few days. I am asking the gentleman from Lexana Kansas.
Hello,

The gentelman from Kansas is Paul Frankum who is a field rep for JCT. All field reps and pilots will have the same knowledge and advice. Paul did call me about this and since I was on the road from JOK I told him what to post as he is still learning all the in and outs. Paul is a great person and monitors this furom much more than I do so he always lets me know of anything that comes up.

I have posted online here that for any issues the best thing to do is give me a call or email. My phone number is 321-412-3078 my email is [email protected] if its after hours I will return the call the following day.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 PM
M3Baker

Turnburn,
Hope Jose answered you question. My goal is to help Jet Central owners enjoy their turbines. There are technical aspects that I am still learning, but rest assured I have experience with this product.
Paul
Old 07-23-2015, 10:29 AM
turnnburn

Paul. Thanks for the info. It appears that I may have solved my rather minor idle issue. I first of all tried running my mechanical throttle trim downward and found that when it was at the halfway down or middle detent that the engine idle slowed to 42 k or very very close to 42k. But I also found that the first couple of small advances of the throttle stick had little or no effect and if I went so much as one click past the midway trim position the engine shutdown. For both of these reasons I deemed this an unacceptable solution. I then tried what you suggested running the throttle slowly to full power and then retarding power one or two clicks at a time all the way back to idle. This was no help, I didnt see any change whatsoever. I then did a new teach and the throttle up and down slowly like you suggested with still no help. I then realized that I had the "linear" throttle curve selected and after I reread what that meant I decided that I did not want linear so I switched to "Full Expo". I then did two engine runs on the driveway at home and both times the idle was at or very very close to 42k once the engine settled all the way down to its stable idle. I may at some point try "Half Expo" but for now I will fly in "Full Expo".
Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 PM
M3Baker

Thanks for the follow up. This did not occur to me. I also have always used expo on my throttle. Glad you're up and running now.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:27 AM
turnnburn

But why is this the case ? It seems to me that no matter which throttle program is selected that stick down and trim up should be idle and idle for this engine is 42,000. Like I said I could get a 42k idle with trim half way down. Is this really how this is supposed to work ?
Old 07-25-2015, 10:49 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

But why is this the case ? It seems to me that no matter which throttle program is selected that stick down and trim up should be idle and idle for this engine is 42,000. Like I said I could get a 42k idle with trim half way down. Is this really how this is supposed to work ?
Hello,

if if you can please give me a call as it is much easier to explain over the phone.

321-412-3078