Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Which glow plug for Super Bee and Question regarding plug connector

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Which glow plug for Super Bee and Question regarding plug connector

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 AM
dblades
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which glow plug for Super Bee and Question regarding plug connector

Super Bee normally starts on gas immediately and runs great. However, having trouble getting Super Bee to start after plug burnt out. Forgot which plug I was using and when I tried 2 OS 8 (which was only ones I had at the time) turbine would not start. Noticed that element would not glow the entire length of the wire when pulled out – would not glow on the half from where grounded to top of pulled out loop.

I have heard that McCoy 9 maybe should be used???? Any experience with the Dreamworks Dura-Plug? I note on their web site they indicate issues with JetCat turbines.

Also having problem with plug connector. Because of the angle I have to use needle nose pliers to grab when pulling on the spring loaded boot and am distorting the end to the point that spring will not function. Can a remote head lock type connector be used vs the spring loaded boot connector?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Which glow plug for Super Bee and Question regarding plug connector

Hello dblades
McCoy 9 or Rossi 8 are the most recommended, for the Rossi you need to increase the glow plug setting 3-4 points
Remember to pull out the element a lot
You can use any type of glow connector as long as it is good quality and guaranties a solid connection
Regards