Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Failed start low rpm

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 11:34 PM
mustang493

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed start low rpm

i'm experiencing occasional start issues with a p160 useing a v6 ecu. When I initiate the start the gsu shows preheat, the starter engadges but within a few seconds the start fails sighting low rpm as the error. I believe this is the acoustic feedback phase of the start. I thought it may be due to a weak battery and am using 2 cell lipos but if anything it is more likely to start with a weaker battery than a fully charged one.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:59 AM
morwan_gsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the starter rubber or alignment for slipping, clean the rubber from oil or fuel with a clean dry cloth, maybe the starter is not driving the shaft with the optimum speed.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:25 AM
mustang493

Thanks for the response morwan. I have found that this probably has been caused by confusing the ECU. most of my engines are wren turbines and when you start a wren you put trim to full then throttle to full then immediately to low throttle. I was doing this with the jet cat and i think this was confusing the ECU. Once i paused for a few seconds at full throttle the start up phase worked without a hitch. so far i've had ten or so successful starts and no problem.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:19 PM
morwan_gsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mustang493
Thanks for the response morwan. I have found that this probably has been caused by confusing the ECU. most of my engines are wren turbines and when you start a wren you put trim to full then throttle to full then immediately to low throttle. I was doing this with the jet cat and i think this was confusing the ECU. Once i paused for a few seconds at full throttle the start up phase worked without a hitch. so far i've had ten or so successful starts and no problem.
Good to know that u got problem solved
Old 02-09-2017, 10:59 AM
mustang493

Well the problem has recurred anyone ever experienced this.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM
opjose

I had the same problem until I replaced the rubber O ring on the starter motor, as Morwan suggested.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:19 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You could also try to redo the Learn R/C - Teach the ECU Your Radio System...
Old 07-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Keron232

Default Accel slow error

Hi everyone I have a kj66 turbine engine and a jetcat v6 ecu. When I spool up my turbine it reaches 30000 rpm and cuts off all the time with accel slow what could cause this problem? I raise all I could raise and still the same problem. Please help .