Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Jetcat P160 rc Learing

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Warbirds Norway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat P160 rc Learing

I have just bought a used Jetcat P160 with five hours of operation after last maintenance at Jetcat.

This is my first jet and I realise that there is a learning curve, but I now need some help!!
Radio Futaba MZ 14 with 6014 HS receiver. I do not have a GSU, but using a ProJET device with a display and for adjustments of parameters.
Problem 1: Alining ECU to R/C System:
All looks great and each step is displayed in the ProJet (it tells med to move trim and throttle as in the manual). Green, red and yellow LEDīs respond as per manual, but when I move the throttle to maximum (with the yellow LED illuminating) and push the I/O board switch the green LED start to blink. So that mean all looks fine until last step before the AUX learning mode. The display in the ProJET show battery status and temperature. I can not access any other parameters.
The throttle curve is set to 100% and limit to 135% and the AUX is connected to a three position switch. I have tried reverses the throttle channel and different curve settings (50% and 80%). I have also moved the radio away to avoid interference from the signals. Still no success...

Problem 2: Communication with the ECU
I can not access any information or parameters in the ECU with the ProJET device. It freeze and displaying battery status and temperature.

​​​​​​As said I am new to the jet so I assume there is something I overlook?

​​​​​
Old 04-24-2017, 11:06 AM
Warbirds Norway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just learned that the turbine had a defect starter plug. No changed and I started the turbine yesterday... :-)