Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P90RXI Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:50 PM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P90RXI Help

Hello,
was flying my jet today and after I landed I went to power up but nothing happened. The engine just stayed at ideal. I shut engine down as normal. Landing was a normal landing.
I filled up my jet went to start it, and it all started normally however the turbine when looking at GSU it stayed on learn low and did not hand over control to me. I tried this twice and the exact thing happened.
I have had this turbine from new and I do have two of them and never a problem. Is there anything which I should be checking or doing?
Is there a reason why the turbine has done this?
It has seemed I have cursed myself as I had a friend at the field today and I was telling him how good turbines are in general and than does this wright in front of him. Made me look like a fool LOL.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:12 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There are two common reasons the engine won't hand over control after a start. 1. The engine rpm has not stabilized at idle. The usual reason for this is the pump. Check to see how stable the rpm is after start. 2. The throttle stick is slightly off low. Pull the stick firmly against the stop or reduce the idle trim one click. Unlikely, but I've seen it. If by chance this works, do a Learn RC again.

Less common but I've seen this too. The battery. Put a full charge on it and try again. I have seen starts (but not recently) where there is enough in the battery to start but the end voltage after the start falls into some grey area where the ECU won't respond. When I discussed this with Bob Wilcox, ex JetCat USA owner, he had never heard of it. This was on older engines so I don't know if this applies. I doubt your battery has a problem but worth looking at.

More common: the connection from the engine to the ECU could be a problem. Try a different cable from the other engine. My guess is that this fixes it. Might be why you lost control on landing.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

If the green light does not come on, most likely throttle stick pot changing. I've seen this on Futaba. Re learn the radio stick, trim positions
Old 06-25-2017, 12:14 AM
Justflying1

I checked all cables, charged battery, learned ECU again and still the same problem. Other engine is in Viper Jet and wiring not that easy to get to. However Monday I will be able to contact Peter from Intairco he is the importer here in Australia. Will explain to him the problem and he will have spare cable for me to try also. Thanks for your help and advice.
Will inform what the problem is once I know just in case someone haves the same problem as me.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Justflying1

The problem is the ECU. Thanks to intairco they have loaned me an ECU until my one gets repaired.