Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P180 RXI low temp no start

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 01:43 AM
wblombard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P180 RXI low temp no start

Hi Guys, so i brought a 2nd hand P180RXI 2h:33 min on the clock. The turbine has been starting beautifully and i have had no issues. I did have issues with the clamps but thats all sorted now. This have not flown the model with the new motor

Today for the 1st time the turbine did not want to start. Tried about 4 times...i get a low temp error. I defeuled and did all purge tests and burner tests...al seem fine. I then decided to give her another go and she started. Did 3 full throttle’s on the ground...all good

Refueled and waited 20min or so and went back to the flight line...same thing no start...low temp? Strange.

Not sure if its worth mentioning that there are some flames during the start up...like a little sputter (has all been like that since i got the turbine) and then obviously the fire disappears and off goes the start.

I have had a suggestion to increase my pump voltage as when these turbines are new that this could help. Currently the last shown pump voltage was 0.3 MAX and last average pump Voltage 0.20

im running the turbine of 3s lipo’s with a DPSI unit for extra redundancy if one lipo decides to fail.

I have no idea where the change the pump voltage and whether this is going to fix the problem. I have looked in the manual and in the limits menu

Not sure if its worth mentioning, but i started the turbine yesterday with no issues to check if the clamps hold in place. All good, while this morning just would not start. It was almost as if the turbine is not sucking enough fuel...i thought it was a air lock or something...

i have check fuel lines and all
is good no issues there.

Any help or suggestions from you guys would be appreciated

thanks
Old 08-04-2019, 03:38 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

3s Li-Po is not a good choice, the electronics have to step down so much energy.
your fuel system also has lots of joints and changes of direction.
But, basically the pump needs more running to work at the set low voltages. Press and hold Limits button. Press plus+
Let go of all buttons, Url Accel 1 needs increasing, if it’s 0.175 or lower make it 0.250 using the change value button held and the + button. Then try again. A 2s Li-Po would also be better
Old 08-04-2019, 05:31 PM
wblombard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated. Darryl Tarr has jumped on and suggested the same. I'm sure we will get this fixed up pretty quick. Thanks for the help and response.