Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

JetCat P80SE fuel pump issue´s and max rpm

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

JetCat P80SE fuel pump issue´s and max rpm

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2023, 03:17 AM
wdac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetCat P80SE fuel pump issue´s and max rpm

Hi!
i am looking for a manual for my JetCat P80SE, English manual that is, even tho i live in Europe, my German is kind of sucky.

i need the manual to be able to set a new max voltage for my DC fuel pump. now it´s only 2.2v max and it is only reaching 118K RPM.
i did 2 flight´s without problem yesterday, and then i was about to do my 3 flight, i noticed in the air that even i had full throttle the Turbine was not burning for 100%.

i landed quickly and put in my GPU to look at the data. and did see that my pump voltage was all over the place. that i could fix with a RC -relearn.
but i still only get 118K RPM (max is set to 125K in the ECU), so i want to set my max voltage for the to about 2.7 maybe. its now 2.2v for some reason.

so i would be super thankful if anyone could help me with documentation / manual´s so change the settings permanently.

Best Regards
Niclas, Sweden.

Last edited by wdac; 07-30-2023 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:05 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Dave is the man when it comes to JC engines.

He is going to ask some questions about the engine, flight time and so on before he can give you any help, he may suggest to not change anything for the moment before a diagnosis can be done, I will jump ahead and ask some of the basic questions.

How many hours on the engine?
Has it been running ok till your last flight?
Do you have a filter in line and has it been cleaned recently?
This one is very important.
Whats the PW before and now?
we all should know the PW from new or when we got it and now.
Have you change anything in the fuel system recently?

Those are some of the basic questions we ask to start to diagnose an engine’s problem.

Go ahead and give us some answers and hopefully Dave will be joining soon.

Old 07-31-2023, 12:08 PM
CARS II

The fact that the pump voltage was all over the place is a good indicator of the pump may be going bad or a blockage in the fuel system.

When something like hat happens to one of my engines, I first ask myself, what has
change? Adjusting the pump voltage maybe just a bandaid to the problem.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-31-2023 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2023, 12:30 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Just run the turbine at full power, hold the manual button on the old rectangular GSU until it stores max Rpm. The Set button on the newer sculptured GSU.
If there is no restriction it will max out and reset itself

D
Old 07-31-2023, 12:32 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

https://www.jettech.ch/12-Triebwerke...60-200---E.pdf
Old 08-01-2023, 02:32 AM
wdac

Originally Posted by CARS II
Dave is the man when it comes to JC engines.

He is going to ask some questions about the engine, flight time and so on before he can give you any help, he may suggest to not change anything for the moment before a diagnosis can be done, I will jump ahead and ask some of the basic questions.

How many hours on the engine?
Has it been running ok till your last flight?
Do you have a filter in line and has it been cleaned recently?
This one is very important.
Whats the PW before and now?
we all should know the PW from new or when we got it and now.
Have you change anything in the fuel system recently?

Those are some of the basic questions we ask to start to diagnose an engine’s problem.

Go ahead and give us some answers and hopefully Dave will be joining soon.
oh my god Thor i got a lot of help here

Turbine is soon on 8 hours sense the last service.

i have ordered a new fuel pump from the webshop at jautsch dot de
just in case, i ordered it as soon i got home form the field. it was not that expensive so even IF the pump is ok, i have one in spare at least

1. soon 8 Hours sense last service
2. Yes no issues at all, been running flawlessly
3. filter was cleaned out about 6 flights ago, but i will check it now again.
4. PW is ?? Power / Thrust? well it was performing almost 10kg thrust before this happend.
5. No, no change´s all i did was re-fuel to make another flight asap in between flight nr 2 and last flight with thrust issues nr 3.

Last edited by wdac; 08-01-2023 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:35 AM
wdac

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Just run the turbine at full power, hold the manual button on the old rectangular GSU until it stores max Rpm. The Set button on the newer sculptured GSU.
If there is no restriction it will max out and reset itself

D
Thank you for the help and sharing the knowledge, and the link to the PDF file.
i am very thankful for all the help
Old 08-01-2023, 02:36 AM
wdac

it seams i am to rookie on this fourm to post link´s. cuz i would like to post one of my flight´s here from youtube.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:03 PM
CARS II

Post a few more comments and it should allow you to post the vid after the post.
Old 08-04-2023, 07:16 AM
wdac

Status update, i cleaned the fuel filter (thought i had done it, but no, i forgot about it) what i did was that i did run A1 Jet fuel backwords into a separate container for 30+ min and i have a car fuel filter on my "pumpstation"
to clean the filter, last owner must have been running regular diesel before i bought it in Marsh, cuz the filter was clogged with algiers. And yea our diesel in Sweden has 30% "environment friendly" ****. its more or less diesel made on tree oil.

our diesel is diluted with 30% diesel made from pine tree oil, and other crap that the Green Party has realized we must have in. same with the petrol, but there we have ethanol 10%. which means that the cars use so much petrol that, in terms of volume, we have to fill up with more petrol (after removing 10% ethanol) than if we still had pure petrol.
the same is with diesel, you get about 40% to 50% further with diesel from the rest of Europe than our "Swedish diluted diesel" in the cars and boats.

And that, I suspect, is the reason why I had algae in the filter.

Whatever the case, the entire Green Party in Sweden has swallowed Al Gore's lie wholeheartedly..

anyhow, my Fuel pump sill had one time a strange thing, in between two starts, it would not pump. i did unplug the power to the ECU and started it again. and it worked like nothing happend.
i did run the Turbine on the ground after i cleaned the filter. no issues and the GSU showed 120K and 121K RPM, and then i checked the "log" LastMaxRPM in the GSU it showed 122.5K RPM.

that that "dry run" on the ground i took a flight, and after i landed the max RPM was 121.5K RPM and max pump voltage was 2.25v due to my GSU info.

hopefully my new pump will arrive from Germany early next week, i can fly it as it is. but i dont trust the pump entirely now. so just to give my self some peace it will be replaced

Old 08-04-2023, 02:57 PM
CARS II

Thanks for the update.

your numbers are looking normal specially the pump PW, 2.25 at max rpm’s is what you are looking for for pump PW.

Well done!
Old 08-04-2023, 04:54 PM
wdac

Originally Posted by CARS II
Thanks for the update.

your numbers are looking normal specially the pump PW, 2.25 at max rpm’s is what you are looking for for pump PW.

Well done!
Thank you

Lets see if i can post a URL this time
nopp did not allow, i will be some what a pain in ass now so i get my 10 post´s
Old 08-04-2023, 04:55 PM
wdac

This is the last flight, filmed by my friends GF.
Hopefully it wont rain tomorrow Saturday so i can fly, been raining everyday except two days sense i went on vacation 3 weeks ago. before that it was sunny and hot, and fire department in Sweden had fire hazard warnings all over Sweden, now you need a boat instead of a car in Sweden.

Last edited by wdac; 08-04-2023 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:19 AM
wdac

The new fuel pump as arrived! now to the workbench!
Old 08-12-2023, 11:49 PM
CARS II

Ok
Old 08-13-2023, 11:18 AM
wdac

new pump installed, new RPM on the bensch is 123.5K RPM, i assume i need to be happy with that on a used engine.