Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Couple of questions - new P80

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Couple of questions - new P80

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:24 PM
marcuskeeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions - new P80

- Is it required that a new Turbine needs to be broken in ? Didn't know if the bearings needed gentle treatment for a tank or two before pushing it.

- I heard that Jet A1 fuel is already mixed with oil, is this true ?

- Is there any advantage or significant disadvantage to running a little extra oil in the fuel ?

Thanks Guys

Marcus
Old 08-18-2006, 03:41 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Couple of questions - new P80

Hi Marcus,

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

- Is it required that a new Turbine needs to be broken in ? Didn't know if the bearings needed gentle treatment for a tank or two before pushing it.
No break in is required, but you should prime the fuel pump before the first run as per the instruction manual to ensure adequate lubrication on the first run.

- I heard that Jet A1 fuel is already mixed with oil, is this true ?
No it is NOT true. You need to mix 5% turbine oil with the fuel (1 quart per 5 gallons) before running it.

- Is there any advantage or significant disadvantage to running a little extra oil in the fuel ?
No advantage, and possible some disadvantage. JetCat has sold thousands of turbines that have an excellent service record. Based on that real world data, we recommend staying with 5% oil.

Hope that helps,

Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 PM
marcuskeeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couple of questions - new P80

Thanks Matt, appreciate the help
Marcus