Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P70 Startup question???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:59 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P70 Startup question???

I have a P70 with 12 starts and 10 flights. I have been monitoring the start temps and have noticed that they are slowing rising. Is this because the pump is breaking-in and the startup pump voltage needs to been reduced? The first few startups were in the neighborhood of 610-620 C and now they are at 660 - 670 C range. I don't see any flames from the tail pipe because of too much fuel. Thanks in advance for carification on this matter.

Dean
Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: P70 Startup question???

Hello,

Yes that could be from the pump changing and pumping more fuel per volt, but these temperature levels are still very mild and nothing to worry about. It is good that you keep track of things like this, a lot of people do not take the time. Another good tip (which you might already know) is to keep track of your max pump voltage after every flight. This voltage will begin to creep up as the fuel filter clogs.

Hope this helps,

Old 03-12-2007, 10:40 AM

Thanks Mr. Matt. I keep a log of all the voltages and temps for each flying session, but monitor the pump voltage during startups on every flight. Thanks again for the piece of mind.

Dean
Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Dean,

Another thing came to mind. You could also be experiencing a difference in starting gas pressure during turbine start up, whether from the ambient temperature changes, or the state of the fill of the supply tank (it could be running a bit low). This can cause a similar change in temps on start up.

Good luck,

Old 03-12-2007, 04:53 PM

I will keep an eye on that. Thanks. I really love that P70!!!! It has worked flawlessly and I want to keep it that way.

Dean