Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

120 or Titan

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 PM
sonicboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 120 or Titan

Hi there

I have an L39 that I intend to run a P120 in. If I purchase a new engine would it make more sense to get a Titan instead of a P120 and de-rate the rpm? Would this improve the engine life running at a reduced rpm and would the throttle time to full be an advantage at the lower rpm compared to buying a 120?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 120 or Titan

I recently had to make the same decision...if you can afford the difference, go with the Titan. It gives you a lot more flexibility for future projects, and has that extra reserve of power if you ever need it. Only 3 flights on ours so far, but the throttle response is amazing, and the fuel burn at part throttle has been a real surprise..we are landing with more than half of the fuel still in the tanks. One final point - a friend of mine bought a 120SE last year, and is now wishing he had gone for the Titan. I can't imagine any scenario where you buy a Titan, but wished you had a 120 instead.........