Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Carbon build up ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon build up ?

I was flying my dragon yesterday and during the cool down cycle on my titan I heard a "click, click" sound as if something was rubbing against the fan. I took it out this morning and found "carbon build up" after taking the tail cone off. After carefully cleaning it the noise went away. So is this normal and if so I'm I doing something wrong ? I use clear kero and a quart of aeroshell 500 for five gallons.

Thanks
Albert
Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Carbon build up ?

Hey Matt,

Any input on this? I would sure like to know about this also!

Jim
Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi guys,

This type of build up is not common, but can occur. The issue is that it gets worse, as the metal begins to transfer from the blades to the spot. Cleaning it off is a good first step, if it happens repeatedly, I would suggest have a new ring installed and having it gtrued up on the lathe. ANd BTW I am not sure this is carbon per se, I am only referring to the general case of residue getting between the ricg and the turbine blades.

Hope that helps,
Old 05-04-2010, 03:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure if it was carbon neither but it was on the ring and the blades were rubbing against it.

Thanks
Albert