Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM
czorzella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Telemetry module and iPhone App.

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

We used to joke about "dumb thumbs" causing crashes. What are we going to call it when we ignore telemetry? Just plain "dumb" or what?!?!

Andy
Andy, in this case I'd simply call it PDDT or "Pilot Doing Dumb Things" and I would certainly feel qualified to have the right to receive a gold medal.

Carlos

Old 05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
czorzella

Franco
This is very good news for You as a Mac user.There is now a Mac version ofSpektrum Telemetry Viewer available.

The latest version(s) is now available for download atwww.robo-software.com<o></o>

<o style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);"></o>

From Robo-Software ==>"One big announcement is the release of the first Mac OS X compatible version! For all you Mac guys waiting for this, download it and give a spin. Looks and feels exactly like the Windows version."<o></o>

<o style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);"></o>

<o style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">I believe you will enjoy using it as much as I do.

EDIT: Misspelled word!
</o>

Old 06-08-2013, 06:20 AM
JohnB96041

This may not be the right forum, but how well will the AR7000 rec work with the DX8? I was trying to set up my DX8 to a AR7000 receiver that has the Eagle Tree 2d/3d stabilizer attached and could not get the Flap/Gyro switch to be active. It is inh. Picked up my DX7 and in less than 5 minutes had it working just perfect. Now ready to fly. Would like a setup procedure for the DX8 if possible. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The AR7000 and DX8 will work fine together.

In the DX8, how the flap channel works is dependent on the wing type you select. If you leave Wing Type = Normal, then the flap switch controls AUX1.

If you pick any other wing type, then you need to use the Flap System to configure how you want the flaps to behave.

Andy
Old 06-08-2013, 01:10 PM
JohnB96041

Thanks Andy. I will give it another try.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:38 AM
JohnB96041

Oct 5, 2012 was the last Spektrum sti update. Surely there has been some improvement since then. Would like to be able to delete one model setup without deleting all models. Only 2 pages showes up where one of the previous versions had more pages to work with.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 AM
czorzella

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

Oct 5, 2012 was the last Spektrum sti update. Surely there has been some improvement since then. Would like to be able to delete one model setup without deleting all models. Only 2 pages showes up where one of the previous versions had more pages to work with.
If you no longer want a specific model you have, you can delete it right from your iPhone. Simply press and hold on any icon until all the icons begin to “wiggle.” then you tap the little “x” in the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
JohnB96041

ORIGINAL: czorzella

If you no longer want a specific model you have, you can delete it right from your iPhone. Simply press and hold on any icon until all the icons begin to “wiggle.†then you tap the little “x†in the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete.

I think you have the wrong information. When you do that the entire apps will be deleted from the iphone. Now you have to re-install the apps and ALL models are removed. You get to start over. Not what I was saying. I have 5 models in my iphone sti apps and only want to delete ONE of them. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM
czorzella

ORIGINAL: czorzella

If you no longer want a specific model you have, you can delete it right from your iPhone. Simply press and hold on any icon until all the icons begin to “wiggle.” then you tap the little “x” in the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete.

I think you have the wrong information. When you do that the entire apps will be deleted from the iphone. Now you have to re-install the apps and ALL models are removed. You get to start over. Not what I was saying. I have 5 models in my iphone sti apps and only want to delete ONE of them. Thanks.

John, you have to follow the procedures I described from WITHIN the STI app and it will work just fine.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 AM
JohnB96041

Son of a gun. Did not know that. OK.....it worked and I got rid of the one old model. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 AM
czorzella

Son of a gun. Did not know that. OK.....it worked and I got rid of the one old model. Thanks for the help.
I'm happy it worked out for you.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Franco2fly

However,
It would be nice to see an update for the STi application.  One of my beef's is that I cannot run the app on my wife's ipad when she comes to the field. I sure would like to be able to transfer "bind" data between platforms.  Another wish is the order of the spoken data.  My newest plane I'm more concerned with the temp reading than altitude and airspeed.  A little number along side each spoken element would allow ordering

KKKKFL
Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM
jsallade

I have been recording telemetry on my DX18 for some flights on my Giant Scale Mustang and have a question. I have my telemetry set to start with the same switch that controls my kill. That way it records from engine start to stop. I recorded a 7 minute flight the other day and when I download the data I only get about 50 seconds of recorded data. Interestingly it appears to start and end with my engine at idle for a period of time and the altitude at ground level so it appears to represent the entire flight! How can this be? Is it a simple case of data being lost during most of the flight or ???
Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: jsallade

I have been recording telemetry on my DX18 for some flights on my Giant Scale Mustang and have a question. I have my telemetry set to start with the same switch that controls my kill. That way it records from engine start to stop. I recorded a 7 minute flight the other day and when I download the data I only get about 50 seconds of recorded data. Interestingly it appears to start and end with my engine at idle for a period of time and the altitude at ground level so it appears to represent the entire flight! How can this be? Is it a simple case of data being lost during most of the flight or ???
What does it show when you play it on your PC or Mac using the software from www.robo-software.com?

Andy
Old 07-10-2013, 07:31 PM
jsallade

It shows approximately 500 seconds of information and judging by the fact that the first measured airspeed comes up at about 12 seconds into the recording on the STI app and 125 seconds on the Robo application it looks like STI is simply miss-labeling the time stamp by a factor of 10. Very interesting. Should I send a "bug report"?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
AndyKunz

You just did

Andy
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 PM
soaringman

Hi Andy,

Do Spektrum have any plans to release an Andriod version of the STI?

I would dearly love to have this facility, but I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and no plans to move over to an Iphone in the next couple of years.

Fingers crossed
Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 AM
Franco2fly

STi is a separate company don't think there's
a spektrum affiliation. 
Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 AM
AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: soaringman

Hi Andy,

I would dearly love to have this facility, but I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and no plans to move over to an Iphone in the next couple of years.

Fingers crossed [img][/img]
I can neither confirm nor deny plans for products or features. Sorry.

Franco - STi was developed by Horizon employees just like me. It's not an outside company.

Andy

Old 07-12-2013, 05:54 AM
soaringman

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: soaringman

Hi Andy,

Fingers crossed[img][/img]
I can neither confirm nor deny plans for products or features. Sorry.

Franco - STi was developed by Horizon employees just like me. It's not an outside company.

Andy
Thanks anyway Andy......I guess all I can say then is well done Horizon employees for the initial offering of STI and keep up the good work!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Franco2fly

Tks for the correction Andy. I just recall very early on web searches and it seemed
Development folks must not have wanted to tip their hand off
Old 07-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Franco2fly

I started discussing the best position for the iPhone dongle in the wrong thread. It really belongs here.

Basically, I have been concerned with the position of the TM1000 antenna, and came to the realization that the problem may have been where the dongle receive antenna was located instead of the vertical position that I have been using in my aircraft. Last week, I experimented with a joggers armband, in which the STi dongle protruded above my shoulder. The results were terrible even though the dongle was above and away from my body. This prompted a question to Andy K as to the location of the receive antenna. He indicated that a picnic table might work better as the human body is a pretty good RF sink. That got the wheels to spinning, and here's the results:

I would have trouble getting the safety officer to go along with a picnic table at the flight line. So here's my next invention:

I've measured it and when worn, the dongle is a good 6" away from my body. It might work better if one has a "George" wallet:

With enough lead for the earbud to get to my left ear, this just might work. I'll have to get more creative if the iPhone needs to be lying flat towards the ground.

patent pending... hehehe

KKKKFL

Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 PM
czorzella

Franco,
LOL, you are the best!!!!
I've no idea if your invention will resolve the problem, but and claps to your creativity!
Carlos
Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM
czorzella

For the people living in specific areas of the globe, instead of using a wood ax, they'd probably will consider using a real one so they can be prepared in case of a sudden bear attack, you know. LOL
Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM
JohnB96041

Franko2fly: I have always put my iphone in shirt pocket with sti module pointing up. Never had a problem getting information from airplane tm1000. Also, the iphone speakers are on the bottom of the phone where the sti plugs in. Makes it easy to hear without a plug in the ear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.