Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

MPI Miracle Y - 2.4 GHz Compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MPI Miracle Y - 2.4 GHz Compatible?

Is the MPI Miracle-Y servo reversing harness with built in amplifier compatible with my JR 9303 2.4 GHz system? I am using a Spektrum 9200 Powersafe receiver. I have read that using an inline signal amplifier is not recommended with a 2.4 GHz system. I know I can slave two channels together and program to reverse the one servo but I do not have a spare channel port on the Rx thus the reason for using a Y-harness for both flap servos. I have it all hooked up and it seems to be working fine. I suppose I could just buy a reversed servo from HiTec and use a plain Y-harness. This would be my easiest solution.

If I had one more channel it would be no problem but I am not going to go out and buy a 11X and start all over again. I like the Miracle-Y since it gives me some fine adjustment to set neutral trim between the two servos. I have a "full hand" but need one more card to play!!!

What is your advise?

Speedy
Old 08-06-2011, 06:33 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MPI Miracle Y - 2.4 GHz Compatible?

ORIGINAL: Speedy-Gonzales

Is the MPI Miracle-Y servo reversing harness with built in amplifier compatible with my JR 9303 2.4 GHz system? I am using a Spektrum 9200 Powersafe receiver. I have read that using an inline signal amplifier is not recommended with a 2.4 GHz system. I know I can slave two channels together and program to reverse the one servo but I do not have a spare channel port on the Rx thus the reason for using a Y-harness for both flap servos. I have it all hooked up and it seems to be working fine. I suppose I could just buy a reversed servo from HiTec and use a plain Y-harness. This would be my easiest solution.

If I had one more channel it would be no problem but I am not going to go out and buy a 11X and start all over again. I like the Miracle-Y since it gives me some fine adjustment to set neutral trim between the two servos. I have a ''full hand'' but need one more card to play!!!

What is your advise?

Speedy
I would stay away from Reversing Y Harnesses. Many times, the Reversing circuit drifts off of Neutral and you are forced to readjust the neutral every couple of flights. This is most noticeable with Dual Flap or Dual Elevator servos. I have seen this with Reversing Y Harnesses from several different manufacturers. The MPI Miracle Y may be an exception. You are better off using a JR Matchbox instead of a Reversing Y. The Reversing circuit also can pick up RF Noise. I have had this happen to me on 72Mhz. Perhaps it will not happen on 2.4. I have two JR 9303's.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:35 PM
k12rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

match box works fine
Old 08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a couple "Matchboxes" on the shelf. I gave them no thought. That is a great option.

I see MPI has a digital "Miracle-Y" now but still incorporates a signal amplifier. Is it true that inline signal amps are a "No-No" for 2.4 Ghz systems?

Thanks for the info!

Speedy
Old 08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Speedy-Gonzales

I have a couple ''Matchboxes'' on the shelf. I gave them no thought. That is a great option.

I see MPI has a digital ''Miracle-Y'' now but still incorporates a signal amplifier. Is it true that inline signal amps are a ''No-No'' for 2.4 Ghz systems?

Thanks for the info!

Speedy
I am not sure about the amp, but MPI usually has good stuff.