Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 Fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 11:39 PM
SuperCub Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 Fuse?

Just got my 8103 a few days ago and finally got all my aircraft programmed into it and while I was setting up my Super Cub motor for better response I noticed that the 8103 XMTTR suddenly wouldn't come on!!??@#$&*)#$ Is there a fuse in it or something? I looked inside but could see nothing. It had been OK all day at the field. It wasn't run down and I didn't drop it! In fact it was just on the bench until I picked it up to check on the engine settings and bingo!! Gawd!! I don't want to have to send it down to Horizon the first week I get it! Any thoughts? The 652 had a fuse which blew a few times early in its career but has been rock solid the past two years. Please tell me there is a fuse in this too!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:19 AM
francois118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8103 Fuse?

There is a fuse, it is located just above the battery when you open the battery cover.

If it is the fuse, please give me some more information what causes the fuse to blow ? Danny if you can help aswell , I have the same radio.

Regards

Francois
Old 09-09-2003, 10:01 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 Fuse?

The 8103 has a fuse, it is located in between the battery pack and the module. You can remove the module and look down towards the battery and see the fuse. The fuse is a 3 amp, 250 volt, fast acting fuse, available at most radio shacks and similar stores. If changing the fuse does not correct it, you will need to send your system in.