Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DMSS and DMSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Aerocal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DMSS and DMSX

"To Our Valued JR Customers:

During the recent BMFA Nationals, a new JR 7 channel radio system using DMSS was shown by our UK distributor. This system uses a technology that is incompatible with DSM2 in order to meet a market need where DSM2 is not available to JR. Unfortunately, several individuals made statements that JR finds very misleading and require correction.

JR remains committed to future development with DSM technologies and to our customers who currently own JR equipment using the DSM standard. JR will continue to manufacture, sell, and support DSM equipment in all markets currently allowed by agreement.

It is our goal that this communication clears up any questions about JR’s intentions and that JR remains confident in and committed to the future of DSM technology around the world.

We thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Mooney Takamura.
International Sales Manager
JR Propo "

This statement is from a couple years ago.It kind of cracks me up that the rumors of JR abandoning,moving away from and/or breaking ties with DSM and Spektrum technology still continue
to arise.DSM2/DSMX will be with us for a long time and JR will continue to support it.This statement clearly reveals that the development of DMSS was primarily based on available markets and marketing decisions.My take on the whole thing is that JR likely never planned on introducing DMSS to the US market.But someone started rumors and speculation that it was the newest "latest and greatest" thing to have and quite a few consumers took the bait and not only wanted it but demanded it and even threatened mutiny if they couldnt have it.Really quite comical if you step back and look at it. Why someone in the US would figure that going off with an entire system that is incompatible with a whole lot of the equipment that is widely available and used is beyond me.
To each their own I guess.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Len Todd

ORIGINAL: warbird_1
in short .. hardley anyone builds anymore because ARF's have made most lazy .

Not hardly!

I started with Micro BNF planes, Then I moved into Micro BNF Helis. Then I got into BNF 450 Helis. Then I came back to Parkflyer BNF planes. Then, I built two Giant ARFs. Last year, I essentially spent all my time ''building,'' repairing and learning how to fly all of these. I am a member of five clubs and fly with most of them weekly, during flying season. When I am not with a club, I have been out at our airport flying by myself. I have even been out there in 20+mph winds and snow coming down horizontally. With only one year, I consider myself a rookie. But, I have a solid year of experience flying and unfortunately repairing a few of the above aircraft. Given this year's experience, the fact that I am the lead organizer for a three-day air show/fun-fly event (
www.wmrce.com), established a new AMA Club (AMA #5117), obtained a legal agreement for our flying field, currently organizing and planning to build that field and I am the Village's chairperson for two of the four Village committees I sit on, this BNF/ARF builder hardly feels lazy!

Also, to be frank about your ''lazy'' satement, it is the attitude that some kit builders express about kit and scratch building being ''the only way to go,'' and how they imply that they are holier than thou, etc. etc. for being ''a builder'' that drives newcomers away from the hobby! That B.S. Kit Builder's attitude is one of the reasons that initially kept me from doing a kit. But, it is not the only reason. I can pull my BNFs out of the box and be flying in < 5 minutes. Also, I hate frogging around with temperamental engines. I go to the field to fly, not troubleshoot an engine. I do not have the time nor patience to kit or scratch build. The ARFs take me to my personal outer limits. But it is the ''attitude'' in question that really turns me off. ( Disclaimer: By the way, not all kit/scratch builders are this way.)

Essentially these guys with the holier than thou kit builder attitudes push away newcomers who are willing to try something new, but not willing to put up with the scrooges of the hobby! Nothing personal about this. This is just what I have seen out there this year, and how I, among other newcomers, react to that B.S. when we see/hear it. In my case, I usually just consider the source. In the case of younger people, they typically stay away from the source (i.e. not become club members, etc.).

I saw the same B.S. happen to the Amateur Radio community years ago. All the “ real Hams” hated that hobby's ''Black Rice Boxes'', which replaced kit and scratch radio building. They ''put down'' the hams that bought and used them! But, those Black Rice Boxes are still here and most hams are using them. So are our ARFs and BNF Parkflyers. When you only have a few minutes to fly, all one has to do is pull out a plane, plug in the battery and fly. And for BNF, you do not have to use a cheesy Transmitter.
Also, you are not going to lose a flying field over the “obnoxious buzz” of nitro engines, etc. Do not get me wrong here. I like the sound of a good throaty engine. But there is a place for everything, and some fields (e.g. close to homes, etc.) are better off w/o nitros.

Also, (kind of back to the topic) I can't figure out what a >$1K JR would give me, that I would use, that my Next thing you know, the club has another new Spektrum user!

So much for the rant. This particular attitude thing was a topic at one of the meetings I was at today. So I put the cards on the table. Sorry. But if you don't like seeing this, maybe I am writing about you.
?? [img][/img] And, ... at least this ''lazy'' person took the time to hopefully fully explain another viewpoint about ARFs and BNF.<o></o>

len , you need a time out in the corner lol
Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Aerocal

''To Our Valued JR Customers:

During the recent BMFA Nationals, a new JR 7 channel radio system using DMSS was shown by our UK distributor. This system uses a technology that is incompatible with DSM2 in order to meet a market need where DSM2 is not available to JR. Unfortunately, several individuals made statements that JR finds very misleading and require correction.

JR remains committed to future development with DSM technologies and to our customers who currently own JR equipment using the DSM standard. JR will continue to manufacture, sell, and support DSM equipment in all markets currently allowed by agreement.

It is our goal that this communication clears up any questions about JR’s intentions and that JR remains confident in and committed to the future of DSM technology around the world.

Kind regards

Mooney Takamura.
JR Propo ''

This statement is from a couple years ago.It kind of cracks me up that the rumors of JR abandoning,moving away from and/or breaking ties with DSM and Spektrum technology still continue
to arise.DSM2/DSMX will be with us for a long time and JR will continue to support it.This statement clearly reveals that the development of DMSS was primarily based on available markets and marketing decisions.My take on the whole thing is that JR likely never planned on introducing DMSS to the US market.But someone started rumors and speculation that it was the newest ''latest and greatest'' thing to have and quite a few consumers took the bait and not only wanted it but demanded it and even threatened mutiny if they couldnt have it.Really quite comical if you step back and look at it. Why someone in the US would figure that going off with an entire system that is incompatible with a whole lot of the equipment that is widely available and used is beyond me.
thank you for sharing that and clearing things up. that should relieve some of the panic or concern . It makes sense as i'm sure the needs in Europe and elsewhere are different from ours . i don't really see a big problem with what we have now "DSMX" . i think we've become kinda spoiled not having to ad hear to strict guidelines once demanded by 72 mhz.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:06 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

What’s comical to me is your take on this, using your own words.
“It kind of cracks me up that the rumors of JR abandoning,moving away from and/or breaking ties with DSM and Spektrum technology still continue”
What rumors? JR Propo has put enough info out there that DMSS is what they’re moving forward with. Do you see any new Radios coming from JR with DSM? That door is closed and in a year or two you'll know for sure.
“But someone started rumors and speculation that it was the newest "latest and greatest" thing to have and quite a few consumers took the bait and not only wanted it but demanded it and even threatened mutiny if they couldnt have it.Really quite comical if you step back and look at it.”
Again, what rumors? JR Propo themselves is saying their system is better than DSM not any individuals. If anyone would know it would be them, since it was implemented in their TX’s and they fully know what’s what, the rest of us can only speculate.
“DSM2/DSMX will be with us for a long time and JR will continue to support it”
Yes, True of course there going to support it, They support their equipment for many years after being released, most manufactures do this, but you won’t see any new TX’s or receivers etc coming from JR with DSM anything.
On another note most JR DSM radio user that I’ve seen use Spektrum branded RX’s after their initial radio buy anyway. That being said Spectrum will ultimately be the one that will support the JR DSM radios with rx’s.
As far as the letter goes, chalk it up to good old politics. It came from JR when the XG7 came out, a radio that’s not even available in the US from the distributor here. JR/ Horizon Hobbies now have Genuine JR radios available in the US XG6, XG8, XG11, just recently the XG14 was released and the New Flagship XG?? Hopefully also coming in 2013. This is JR’s route now and in the years to come.

ORIGINAL: Aerocal

"To Our Valued JR Customers:

Kind regards

Mooney Takamura.
JR Propo "

to arise.DSM2/DSMX will be with us for a long time and JR will continue to support it.This statement clearly reveals that the development of DMSS was primarily based on available markets and marketing decisions.My take on the whole thing is that JR likely never planned on introducing DMSS to the US market.But someone started rumors and speculation that it was the newest "latest and greatest" thing to have and quite a few consumers took the bait and not only wanted it but demanded it and even threatened mutiny if they couldnt have it.Really quite comical if you step back and look at it. Why someone in the US would figure that going off with an entire system that is incompatible with a whole lot of the equipment that is widely available and used is beyond me.
Edit, Typos

Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Aerocal

If you sail out to sea far enough you dont come back.The earth must be flat.