Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX9 switch change report

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Brian-B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX9 switch change report

I've had a little issue with my DX9. On planes (it doesn't happen with helis, and I don't know if it happens with sailplanes), I get switch change reports on switch-on - reports of the current position of switches. This shouldn't happen of course, because no switch has changed. I also get (correct) warnings where applicable.
This doesn't always happen (even for a given model without changing any settings), but I haven't so far been able to work out why it does/doesn't.
Any help or solution would be gratefully received.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:00 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

1) Timing - there is a period during startup when messages will be turned off.
2) Switch position.

Set your reporting switches all to be active in position 1. Put the switches in position 1. Turn off the radio.

When you turn it on, you will hear it reporting all (*subject to note 1 above) the reports for position 1.

The reason is that the array which holds all the "last reported switch position" is filled with 0's. After scanning, the radio notices that they're now in position 1. So it starts reporting them.

Andy
Old 02-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Brian-B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy,
Thank you, but after some testing I have to admit that I don’t understand your solution, nor can I get the problem to stop.
I understand from what you are saying, that on switch-on, change will be reported for any switch that is not in position 0 and is in a position where switch change report has been set up. And I can’t avoid such reports except by not setting up switch change report for that particular switch/position combination.
Except that if I put all my switches to position 1, then switch off, then switch on, I don’t get any start-up switch change reports…for about three flights and then for some reason I’m back to where I was, and so on…
I am simply trying to get to the point where I get silence on switch-on (plus warnings if appropriate), i.e. I only get nagged if I’ve done something wrong.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:38 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not about to change any time soon.

Andy