Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Get A Spektrum Radio Or A Taranis 9 And Put In A Module ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 10:25 AM
budds
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get A Spektrum Radio Or A Taranis 9 And Put In A Module ???

My 9503 Radio Crapped And I Have Beast X Sytems In Several Heli's And A Bunch Of Planes On That Radio !
My Question Is Whats My Best Solution ? Get A New Spekrtrm Radio Or A Frsky Taranis And Install The JR-Spektrum Module ? I Also Have Futaba, Hope Their Not Next To Go !
Seems Like The Taranis 9 Has A Ton Of Features For The Money ! Hopefully The Frsky Co. Doesnt Put Them Out ! JR Had Some Good Eqipment And Servos ! Very Surprised They Bit The Bullet : (

Thanks In Advance For The Advice
budds
Old 12-18-2019, 07:58 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JR is alive and well as Dee Force Aviation, the new owners of the JR brand. They're making some nice radios, but they aren't Spektrum compatible, they have their own protocol.

I had a Taranis once. That was enough. DIdn't care for the programming (lots do, however) and didn't care for the build quality of the mechanical parts. That's just me.

I would vote for a Spektrum radio, but again, that's my opinion. Depends on how many channels, etc. that you might need. I personally fly a DX9, and it's been my go to radio for quite some time now.