Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

IX12 IX20 firmware update problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 11:36 AM
petya
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IX12 IX20 firmware update problem

I received a message from a friend alerting me to a problem with IX12 and IX20 Firmware 1.13 and 1.03 respectively.
But I am not finding a bulletin about it.
Does anyone have any reliable information on the subject ??
Andy ?
Thanks .
Old 05-21-2020, 11:53 AM
petya
My Feedback: (13)

Found it at facebook .

Last edited by petya; 05-21-2020 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:00 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

For the benefit of anyone else

***Attention iX20 and iX12 transmitter owners***
As some of you may have become aware, our latest firmware update unfortunately introduce some unforeseen issues. In some cases, these can be rectified with a simple setting change, others will be corrected with an update that we will be publishing in the very near future.

Also, please note that if you have updated to these affected firmware versions (1.13 and 1.03 for the iX12 and iX20 respectively) that there is no way to roll back the firmware at this time.

---The known issues are as follows---
iX20 only-When updating the transmitter, with models that are stored in memory, the Dual Rate is deactivated. Note that the values are still present but the functionality is deactivated. To reactive the Dual Rates in Model Adjust, select the Dual Rate function to access the Dual Rate screen and scroll up to display the Custom Setup switch. Unselect the Custom Setup checkbox. This will reconfigure the curves and the Dual Rates will be activated with the previous values.

iX20 and iX12- Helicopter mode only- After the update, the Switch Selection is disabled in DR/Expo in Heli mode only. When updating the iX20 the D/R Expo switch that was previously selected is now fixed and it’s unable to change this switch position. The switch properly functions but cannot be moved. An update will be available shortly that will correct this.
iX20 and iX12- Model Templates that were previously stored are no longer accessible. An upcoming update will recover previously stored Templates.

Ix20 only - Wireless Trainer is not reliably binding with full functionality.

Again, we are working to quickly fix these issues and will make another post on our social channels informing all as we normally do with firmware updates.

Thank you for your time and we sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.
~SpektrumRC
Old 05-21-2020, 01:58 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

"Again, we are working to quickly fix these issues and will make another post on our social channels informing all as we normally do with firmware updates.

Thank you for your time and we sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

~SpektrumRC"

Thanks for the note Andy. What do we have to do in order to convince the powers that be, that NOT EVERYONE plays with social media? Especially FaceBook. There is nothing about this on the Spektrum website and nothing about it on Horizon's website. We used to get emails when there were updates available or bulletins; they've got all our email addresses associated with the radios, how tough can it be? Or maybe they could do something really radical, like post bulletins on the Spektrum web page that's labeled "Product Bulletins" but is currently blank?
Old 03-31-2021, 06:00 PM
RAMMJETT

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heard this too late , it also causes the touch function to not work .
Old 04-01-2021, 04:27 PM
flyindy
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by Zeeb
"Again, we are working to quickly fix these issues and will make another post on our social channels informing all as we normally do with firmware updates.

~SpektrumRC"

Thanks for the note Andy. What do we have to do in order to convince the powers that be, that NOT EVERYONE plays with social media? Especially FaceBook. There is nothing about this on the Spektrum website and nothing about it on Horizon's website. We used to get emails when there were updates available or bulletins; they've got all our email addresses associated with the radios, how tough can it be? Or maybe they could do something really radical, like post bulletins on the Spektrum web page that's labeled "Product Bulletins" but is currently blank?
This is from May of 2020 - the current firmware works great!
Old 04-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by flyindy
This is from May of 2020 - the current firmware works great!
You know, it's bad enough when someone digs up a year old thread and replies with a snarky comment, but to quote someone who also replied a year ago is just real ignorant.....

You will be pleased to note that my reply was also May of 2020 or can't you read?
Old 04-02-2021, 08:49 AM
RAMMJETT

Hold on a second . I've had the radio for a year but only just used it for the first time 2 days ago . the radio said on the screen saver to update it before using , after doing so the touch switch function no longer works . sorry if I sounded snarky but the the radio I paid $2000 does not work out of the box and I'm now looking at $100 to return it for repairs with never having used it .We were locked down here last flying season so it never cam out of the box . do you have any idea what might be causing the problem . I've talked to horizon and they .had me re install the updates but it had no effect .. cheers Roger

Last edited by RAMMJETT; 04-02-2021 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:17 PM
RAMMJETT

For anyone having this problem , I reinstalled and rebooted the radio ,I would then reboot again after inputting the touch switch command as was recommended by horizon . I did this countless times , finally today after 3 days of doing the same thing it worked . Zeeb .first of all I think the word your looking for is rude , ignorant is not knowing something , you my fried are not even being rude you just being belligerent . Why you feel it necessary to to make comments like that to a person having trouble with a radio speaks volumes about who you are .
cheers .
Old 03-13-2022, 06:58 AM
czorzella

How can I solve this issue?

1) Updated an iX12 and now the touch function doen't work.
2) Did a Factory reset and touch function works again, but still have some issues.

3) Updated again and now the touch function doen't work.
4) Did a Factory reset and touch function works again, but still have some issues.

Carlos