Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Telemetry Beeping

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 02:48 PM
Corsair3660

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spektrum Telemetry Beeping

I have a DX6e radio and a AR6610T receiver. It is currently in my beater plane until my Corsair is ready. Whenever I fly there is an annoying beep that changes tone as the plane gains and loses altitude. Ive gone through the menus and I cant find a way to turn off the tones without disabling all of them. I assume it has something to do with the altitude sensor in the receiver but I dont know how to fix it. If anyone has experience and is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Probably the center tone for your throttle stick, or the timer start/stop triggered by a certain throttle setting.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:15 AM
Corsair3660

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It only happens with the telemetry receiver, I have several other 5 and 6 ch receivers that don’t do it. I know it’s not the timer because it starts as soon as I take off. I’ve never had any tones related to throttle and also it changes tone with changes in altitude. It is not a constant tone.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:22 PM
flyindy
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corsair3660
It only happens with the telemetry receiver, I have several other 5 and 6 ch receivers that don’t do it. I know it’s not the timer because it starts as soon as I take off. I’ve never had any tones related to throttle and also it changes tone with changes in altitude. It is not a constant tone.
The AR6610T can report altitude and has a vario - what you are hearing is the vario tone when you are going up (higher tone) and down (lower tone). To stop that you can go into the audio events and turn it off.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:17 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Go to the Telemetry screen, select Vario, and disable the reports there.

Andy
Old 08-14-2022, 05:00 AM
gypais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corsair3660
I have a DX6e radio and a AR6610T receiver. It is currently in my beater plane until my Corsair is ready. Whenever I fly there is an annoying beep that changes tone as the plane gains and loses altitude. Ive gone through the menus and I cant find a way to turn off the tones without disabling all of them. I assume it has something to do with the altitude sensor in the receiver but I dont know how to fix it. If anyone has experience and is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it.
you have a dx6e and you can hear the sound of a vario if your plane is climbing or descending? I thought the altitude telemetry alarms did not sound on the dx6e, is it a 2nd generation model?
Thanks
Old 08-14-2022, 03:25 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

No, all DX6e's will beep for vario. Since they were released.

Andy