Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

IC3 to IC5 adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 07:55 AM
Planecub

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IC3 to IC5 adapter

I have 4 cell smart batteries with an ic3 plug and a 60 amp esc with a ic5 plug. I purchased an adaptor to fit between the battery and esc and while it works, it is too long. Is there an adaptor that just has the plugs without the wire in between?
Thanks
Old 07-24-2023, 08:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

I've never seen an IC smart adapter w/o the wire. if you're not using an Avian ESC and just need the battery pass through, there's a million EC3 to EC5 adapters. If you want smart battery/ESC data then you'll need the one with the wire AFAIK
Old 07-24-2023, 12:10 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Andy, I think what he's asking for is 3 infinitely short wires between the two connectors, not elimination of one of the wires.

PC, because of the mechanical differences and spacing requirements, no, there's isn't such a thing that I know of commercially available. You could make one by desoldering the wires from a commercial adapter, shortening them a bunch, and re-soldering. It won't be pretty. You would probably want to fill the gap in between with silicone to prevent shorts.

Or better yet, just replace the connector on the ESC.

Andy
The following users liked this post:
BigBirdFlyer (04-11-2024)