Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Eflite X300 Cap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 11:29 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Eflite X300 Cap?

Got the BNF Xtra 300, and I noticed the receiver has plugged into ch6 via a red/black pair of wires what looks to be a capacitor of some sort. Just wondering what this is in case I have a need to put a new receiver in the plane or unplug everything for whatever reason?

[img]value[/img]

Last edited by djmp69; 02-20-2024 at 11:38 PM. Reason: adding image
Old 02-20-2024, 11:42 PM
djmp69

Default Eflite Extra 300 rx capacitor

Originally Posted by djmp69
Got the BNF Xtra 300, and I noticed the receiver has plugged into ch6 via a red/black pair of wires what looks to be a capacitor of some sort. Just wondering what this is in case I have a need to put a new receiver in the plane or unplug everything for whatever reason?

[img]value[/img]
OK, finally found an answer I think, it's put there for overload protection against brown outs and resets..
Old 02-21-2024, 05:01 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Except it does absolutely nothing to keep from resetting the micro. The amount of power that it can hold is gobbled up by a servo in microseconds.

Just provide adequate power. Simplest solution of all.

Andy
Old 02-21-2024, 12:10 PM
djmp69

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Except it does absolutely nothing to keep from resetting the micro. The amount of power that it can hold is gobbled up by a servo in microseconds.

Just provide adequate power. Simplest solution of all.

Andy
Agreed, Andy. Like most "fixes" or safeguards, they shouldnt be relied upon, just do the correct thing in the first place. Use correct power, proper servo setup, don't use damaged/old frayed wires with broken connectors, etc
Old 02-22-2024, 01:45 AM
djmp69

Got it all set up. We'll so I thought. I've tried both safe select on and off binding methods. Nice that I. The ix12 you can turn safe select on and off from forward programming as well. My problem however is that only SAFE seems to work. When active, controls are limited as they should. When I move the plane, it wants to right itself. No problem.

BUT. I see no evidence of AS3X working. I don't feel it either. Nor do I hear the servos chittering like in the videos I watch or my other planes that have as3x receivers in them. I have tried even using exaggerated gains just to see if I got any movement. Nothing. I've tried both setting up a new model AND using the template. Always same result.

I really feel like I'm missing something, but, having successfully set up my other receivers, I can't imagine what.

I've looked and can't find any documentation of the problem I'm experiencing.

Any ideas?

Last edited by djmp69; 02-22-2024 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:00 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you throttle up? AS3X doesn't start until the throttle has been run-up first.

How do you have the gains set?

You know we have a great tutorial and Q&A thread or three on RCG for this? The blog you want to read is by flightengr.

Andy
Old 02-22-2024, 11:58 AM
djmp69

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Did you throttle up? AS3X doesn't start until the throttle has been run-up first.

How do you have the gains set?

You know we have a great tutorial and Q&A thread or three on RCG for this? The blog you want to read is by flightengr.

Andy
No, didn't know about the tutorial, I unfortunately don't have an rcg account, but I'll give it a try.

Yep, throttled up. Learned this long ago on my 9350.

The gains I have are the ones in there set when it autoconfiged. I left them as is (except for my tests, then put them back) as the manual stated that the as3x was specially tuned for the plane and needed no programming. As I have seen what can happen with wrongly set gains, I opted to leave them as is until I get everything going properly.

I will look into the tutorial (thanks for that) but I certainly welcome your input as well! My ultimate goal is that I want to use as3x selectively without the threat of accidentally turning on SAFE.

Thanks again, Andy!