Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Radio specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Gausswave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio specs

Hi Danny,
I my arsenol of tools I have a IFR 1500 s( I'm a broadcast engineer during the day for a radio group here in Seattle) I use to maintain radios with. I'm familiar with Futaba radio settings and I keep track of them when they are either new or fresh from the factory. I do tune my own 6 meter stuff from time to time but I send in repairs. I'm into Combat robotics so I've made a habit of checking them after events. My problem is this the JR radios I have I got them used so I don't know what the normal deviation is on them. I have one in the 1.5 khz range and I've seen another at barely 1Khz of deviation. What are the factory settings for an f400 and a xf 421 on 75megs and what should the antenna legnth be on the recievers? I'd like to know when it's time to get them tuned.

Thanks Rob, KB7WNZ
Old 10-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio specs

CQ KB7WNZ ,

Here in the UK the deviation is set to +/- 1.8KHz. I believe this is common throughout the JR range. The length of the antenna wire for the receivers is 1 metre ( 39.37 inches ).

Danny will ( I'm sure ) confirm this when he is next on line.

[:-]
Old 10-30-2003, 10:19 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio specs

That antenna length is correct for aircraft receivers, but receivers for surface that are 75 Mhz are 18-20 inches. I don't have information on the deviation that I can provide.