Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10sxII Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 11:16 PM
kstaack
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10sxII Question

Hi, I can buy a 10sxII, Serialnumber 0101481. Price $580 w/o module. Is this a good price ?
And can I use a 10X module for this older Tx. ? Which is the difference between the 10sxII and the 10X ( program ) ?
Thanks for an answer !!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:49 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 10sxII Question

I'm not really up on used prices, so I'm not too sure if that is a good deal or not. It looks like you would save some money over buying a new 10X. I can tell you though that there are some parts for the 10SXII and older 10 series systems that are no longer produced by JR, so if you happen to need those parts and we are unable to scrounge them, there isn't anything that could be done. Those parts are mainly case halves and perhaps some of the internal boards. Both the 10X and the 10SXII use the same module, so they are interchangeable. The 10X added some built in mixes that the 10SXII didn't have, an improved flight mode system, and a more ergonomic case.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:37 AM
tadawson

From my point of view, for what it is worth, I would call this a BAD deal. I recently bought a used 10X heli for $550.00 (no module, but with the DataSafe) and have seen others at a similar price point. I THINK I recall seeing most of the SX stuff going for more like $325 - $400, but that is in the heli world - perhaps fixed wing radios vary.

-Tim
Old 12-16-2003, 12:34 PM
kstaack
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for your answer...yes..I try to save money, but I guess on the wrong side.
Here in Canada, I have to pay around can$1800 for a 10X. And this are lots of bucks. But on the other side, I want never more buy another radio and so it should be a good one. It's not easy !!!
Old 12-16-2003, 01:58 PM
tadawson

Well, I neglected to note that you are in Canada - the prices I stated are US dollars, so what you see probably is not that different when the exchange rates are figured in.

- Tim