Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102; flaperons; with aileron differential?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:44 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 6102; flaperons; with aileron differential?

I am considering several new radios. I want to buy my first computer radio. I have read as much literature, bulletin board posts, and ad copy as I can find. I am 90% sold on the JR 6102. I have looked at the PDF manual at Horizon Hobby and under "Wing Type: Flaperon" it states at the end of the section that aileron differential with flaperon is featured on this radio and to "see aileron differential section" in the manual for the 'how to do' part of it.

Maybe it's because I'm a geezer, but I have looked up, down, and sideways through that manual and cannot locate the "aileron differential section".

How do you set up aileron differential with flaperons activated? What page in the online manual has this info?

Thanks for your time!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:08 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6102; flaperons; with aileron differential?

It looks like that section of the manual was accidently omitted. With flaperon active in the wing type, the differential function is between the flap system function and program mix number 1. When you get to the function, you can press increase to set the differential as needed, you can press clear to remove any value in the differential function, or press decrease to decrease the value, but you can not set a negative differential. I'm sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Kmot

Thanks for the differential instruction.

So, it will be added to the manual as an addendum? At least now I know all my faculties are still intact, lol!

-Tom
Old 03-30-2004, 10:58 AM
dsnyder

We are looking into a manual update, but I don't believe that it will be a seperate addendum, just added into the manual.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Kmot

Just thought I would mention I went to my LHS this morning and placed my order for a JR XP6102 PCM Air. He had a FM demo in the shop and it looks much better in person (aesthetically) than it does on my computer screen! Has a nice solid feel to it, and the gimbals are very smooth. And the LCD screen is crystal clear and easy to read. Wow!

Funny, my first radio, around 1977, was a 4-channel Cirrus 700. And it was about $200 back then too. Servo reversing on the Tx was an extra cost option in those days!

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-12-2004, 01:37 PM
dsnyder

No problem! The 6102 is a great value in my opinion. It has many features for the price. Let us know if you have any further questions.