Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102 weird stuff happening

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 03:07 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6102 weird stuff happening

I have a new JR 6102 PCM with the 770 receiver and I have all JR servos except for the throttle which I used an old Futaba 3001. If I have it in the idle position and I turn the transmitter off ( receiver on) the throttle servo jumps up to it's high limit. I have never seen this before. Typically when you turn off the Transmitter the servos just stay put. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike
Old 04-09-2004, 03:53 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6102 weird stuff happening

770S - please program your PCM settings BEFORE flying.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:40 AM
mups53

Of course that's done how else would it work at all. I have many radios and planes. In fact I have a JR 10X and I have never seen this happen before. thanks, Mike
Old 04-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Venture2Guess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,
Have you used the radio system during a flight yet? Unless you've changed your fail safe settings from default, your throttle should revert to idle during a signal loss. If not, your throttle servo may be reversed.
Hope I'm not just stating the obvious to you, just thought I'd offer some advice since I have the same radio.

Richard
Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 AM
mups53

Hmm I think you've got it! Also I am putting together a Venture 30 with this radio. I'll look into the failsafe default. Yes I have 1 flight on the plane that's doing it. I almost crashed on the maiden because I didn't do the smart thing and properly range check it. Dumb and dumber working here. I had the antenna in the fuse and it's not good enough. While flying I think I had a weak signal and the throttle was constantly bumping into full. I'll get these items worked out. I have used the Transmitter on 2 other electric planes flawlessly so I have confidence with the rig. Thanks, Mike