Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Where is the U.S. JR PCM 9 System

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
mlancast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the U.S. JR PCM 9 System

Hey Danny,

Considering that the United States is the Largest country purchasing Radio Control Products, why, do you think that Horizon is the LAST country to get on board with the PCM9? Could it be that you want to make sure you dont get stuck with a lot of 10x units, since most people will choose the lessor price ( somewhat better features that the 10x ) instead of the more expensive 10x ( must choose between Heli or Air ) vs the PCM9 ( all three model types ).

I LOVE JR equipment, but feel that Horizon is less concerned about the customer and more concerned with the bottom line. You keep prices high by limiting what the sellers can sell at ( unspoken agreement on lowest price ) and punish those who don't follow this line by withholding products from them. You at one time could buy radios, servos, recievers and other parts from dissasembled complete radios sets ( by dealers ) for sale at lower prices. But why do those dealers stop selling JR? Why is this?

Hate to bring up negative issues, but Futaba products can be had at lower prices than simular JR products. Won't stop me from buying JR, but will make me shop outside the U.S. ( Your monopoly ) for better prices. As for Grey market items, they last ( or break ) at about the same as the products that you sell. Same parts, electronics...etc. Plus the PCM9 is ( so I've heard ) firmware/software upgradeable via download to the Transmitter. ( so much for features and differences from one country to the other. You can choose your firmware/software and Language )

Love to hear your and Horizons ( non-company BS ) to this post.

JR forever!!!!

Mike
Old 04-23-2004, 09:53 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where is the U.S. JR PCM 9 System

The reason we do not have a 9 channel system available at this time is that we are adding features and functions to the system which requires time in development. Our system will NOT be the same as overseas systems, nor are many of our systems and products the same as other overseas products. The new 9 channel system will be available sometime this summer. We don't have a firm date at this time however. It has absolutely nothing to do with any other system. The new channel system will be worth the wait!!!! In addition, grey market items will not be serviced or warrantied through Horizon Hobby, and no other source of JR equipment in the world carries a 3 year warranty.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where is the U.S. JR PCM 9 System

Wouldn't be a complete week without someone asking about the 9X. Danny, if the forum allows it, you should put a sticky announcement that always stays at the top. Certainly would save you from having to type the same thing over and over!!!!