Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Modulation

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:01 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulation

Danny,

I currently fly the 642 and the 652 JR radios. Very pleased with them both.

I am looking at an 8103 system. I am confused as to compatibilitybetween S-PCM, Z-PCM, Q-PCM and FM. Somewhere I read that the older JR receivers are not compatible with 8103 modulation. I am currently flying R600 and R700 receivers as well as a Hitec HFD=08RD.

I am leaning toward the PCM radio as I understand it will work with both PCM and FM receivers.

Are my current receivers compatible with both the PCM and the FM modes of the 8103?

What is the deal with S-PCM, Z-PCM and Q-PCM(I realize this is a competitor's terminology)?

Thanks for your prompt reaponse Danny.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Modulation

With the JR range, SPCM is 1024 discreet levels ( 10 bits ), ZPCM is 512 steps ( 9 Bit ) and what they call FM is standard PPM. The 3810 ( 8103 ) is capable of all 3 modes of modulation ( unless ZPCM is disabled ) JR has only recently "dropped" the ZPCM functionality on the 6102 (2610 ).

I think what you may be looking at is what we in the UK call the combo ( Here we can order a PCM combo or PPM combo ) This basically means that we get the transmitter, Tx battery, switch harness, crystals, servos, receiver battery and the relevant receiver. ie PCM combo gets you a PCM receiver and a PPM combo gets you......... a PPM receiver !

Hopefully that is what you are trying to ascertain. If not, I am sure Danny will put you ( and me ) right !

[8D]