Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Bad JR 537 servo??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 06:26 PM
skorman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad JR 537 servo??

I took my Magic Extra out to the field today. After setting it up, I noticed that there was a noticeable amount of up elevator with the sticks at neutral. I checked the linkages and the servo and all seemed solid. I even checked that all servos were seated properly in the receiver. So I adjusted the elevator sub trim to put the elevator where it should be. The first flight was great. The second flight however was not. After a couple of minutes, the elevator trim went haywire and gave me so much down elevator that my plane did an outside loop all by itself. I chopped the throttle, gave it all the up trim I could and while holding up elevator brought it in for a landing. The plane got down in one piece thankfully, but does the problem sound like a bad servo? It is a JR 537 and my radio and receiver is JR.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:52 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bad JR 537 servo??

It does sound possible that it could be a servo problem, or a problem with an extension or connector. It may be best to send in that servo for a check up or install a new servo, and check all connections and replace any suspected extensions etc.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:39 AM
skorman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad JR 537 servo??

I just replaced the 537 with a JR Z590M high torque servo with metal gears. (Suggested by my lhs).