Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10SXii, 10X heli Revo Mix

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 09:07 AM
bhelisN6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10SXii, 10X heli Revo Mix

I have been a very happy 10sxii radio owner for 4 years. Since I purchased the radio, it has always been very intuitive to use. I have gotten alot of very useful information off lists to setup gyro and governor equipment (GY501 & GV1).

My only issue is that Revolution mixing cannot be assigned to a switch or slaved to the flight mode switch.

Does JR have any plans to fix this in an upcoming release of the 10 series? Or is there a pmix work around that I have been unable to find on the net?

Loyal to JR,

Andrew
Old 07-05-2002, 12:55 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew,
I didn't notice that myself till you mentioned it, and went and checked it out. I'm not sure if they will change this with everyone going to tail lock gyros. This function is becoming less important, except of course for those who are using rate mode gyros. I will certainly pass that request on and we will see what happens. As for a quick fix, you could do this in one of the mixes 5 through 8 and assign it to the switch you like. Should be just a mix channels 1 to 4. I hope this helps!
Old 07-05-2002, 07:04 PM
bhelisN6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello dsnyder,

Thanks for the reply. I disagree with "most people going to heading lock gyros". When beginners transition into forward flight, we have found that the heading lock feature is a strong impedance to the learning curve. You have to fly the tail to much and at a time when even hovering nose in at altitude causes high stress, it simply is better to return to rate mode.

Also, I fly slow scale maneuvers with my Bell 47GII, this is much easier and much smoother than in heading lock mode. Century Bell47GII, GY601, GV1.

On the program mix, I understand the mix setup. Is it possible to assign it to the flight mode switch on 10sxii?

Best regards,

Andrew
Old 07-05-2002, 07:18 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you sure can. You can select which mode you want it active under, etc. I do agree with you to a point. I actually learned with a tail lock gyro. I talked to Len Sabato before setting up the heli, and he told me it is better to learn on tail lock, so you only have to learn once. So thats what I did. I really haven't had any problems with that. But I see your point too. Like I say, I will pass that request on, and we will see what happens.