Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DANNY NEED HELP!!!!! RF INTERFERENCE W/GASSER

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:32 PM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANNY NEED HELP!!!!! RF INTERFERENCE W/GASSER

Hey Danny,
My name is Eugene Flippo, I have called you all a time or two with the Zenoah G-26 having interference problems. I have read here that the 700 slimline will work if I get everything settup right. You all suggested to send my engine back to you for a re-bearing ing.??? anyway, (i recon you are at horizon right?) What can I do, I have beat my head against the wall and have done very little better on this. I set the whole electronic system on the ground and directly set up the battery to the reciever and I did have about 40 paces of glitch free time. Should I put extentions on all of my servo leads and set the system in the back? I am using a GP Super Stearman 120.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:20 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DANNY NEED HELP!!!!! RF INTERFERENCE W/GASSER

With a gas engine aircraft I would recommend a PCM receiver instead, such as the R770. PCM has better interference rejection and also allows you to set the throttle to fail safe, which can reduce the model generated RF enough to possibly regain control in a lock out situation. The problem you are having could be outside interference on your channel, it could be model generated RF (bad connection extension somewhere, bad bearing in the engine, bad ignition on a gas plane, proximity of items to the engine/ignition, metal to metal contact, etc.) or antenna placement. Things possible to try would be to use another channel, check all extensions and connections for proper fit and that they function correctly (not intermitently), try routing the antenna in another way and be sure it is a good distance between it and any extensions and at a different angle, and I would also recommend adding a filter on the line between the switch and the receiver, the throttle servo and the receiver, and any extensions that are over 36". The filters are part number JRPA028 for a snap together style, and JRPA029 for a ring style.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
crashland 73

Ok, I did a few things different this weekend. I switched to a Hitec Narrow band dual conversion 8 ch. I routed the antenna on the outside of the fuse and mounted all my stuff behind the servos. I got almost a perfect 100'. Now, I called horizon before you replied thinking I was really messed up and the guy I talked to said 100' was fine with antenna down. Is this right?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:50 AM
dsnyder

Was that with the engine running or not? Is there a large difference engine on vs off? Generally 100 feet antenna down is ok, the manuals generally say 60 feet. Here is an article on range testing that may provide additional assistance. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/Prod...X/1079-ART.asp
Old 06-01-2004, 10:29 AM
crashland 73

yes antenna down. I read that too, but as of right now I dont have a pcm. But I plan on getting the 770 Lord willin someday.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:42 PM
crashland 73

Engine was running full bore with the low distance. well i went out and done another test today and I could get 100' range test antenna collapsed. But I done this a time or two flawlessly. And I figured one more time and got maybee 30 some odd feet is all. I am going to just send off the engine I guess. I thought I had it but I guess not. I will keep everyone posted when the engine arrives. Lets hope it fixes it.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:28 AM
crashland 73

I sent my engine off and it will be here in a few days. They put some sort of shield over the plug wire. The bearings were ok. We'll see how it does. I think I may go ahead and put a pcm on it just for saftey sake.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:16 PM
dsnyder

The shielding should help. A PCM receiver would be advised for best performance. Hopefully the problems will be cured. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:59 PM
crashland 73

does the shielding cover the entire wire and the cap? or just the wire?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:10 AM
dsnyder

I believe that it only covers the wire.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:12 PM
crashland 73

Ok, I finally got me one of those JR 770 Slimline PCM receivers today. Odd thing, when the plane is facing the left of me (engine pointing left rudder facing right) I got about 150 ft with antenna down on a range test. Now, when I faced the plane towards me I got almost or there abouts 200 ft or more. Why would that matter? I am happy to say that I feel more confident now and I have the failsafe set on idle and it works great. I am going to see if it will still work ok with the receiver in front of the servos instead of behind so's that I wont have to add any weight to balance it. Anyway, I thought I would post how things went. I tried a GWS 8 ch receiver that a feller told me would work but it didnt. I have this posted on other forums here so I appologize for any repeats.

Thanks for all the help. I will post a maiden flight when I get it in the air.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:02 AM
dsnyder

The position of the receiver antenna and other equipment in the model to the transmitter can affect the range significantly. It sounds like the range you are getting is good. Good luck with your plane!