Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Jr 8103 check up

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Mike Parsons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr 8103 check up

How often should a radio be sent in for tuning and a checkup? I have an 8103 that is going on three years. No problems, but not sure when is the time to send it in. Is there a price list for this service? I also read that a TX discharging with the antenna down (aka- leaving it on all night) is harmful to the radio. In the last two years I have done this a dozen times by accident and no ill effects seem to have occured. Would be nice for peace of mind.

-Mike
Old 07-02-2004, 09:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jr 8103 check up

I recommend if you fly regularly to have the system checked out on a yearly basis for tuning and output. If you fly infrequently every other year or so should be fine. Leaving the system on for extended periods of time can reduce the output of the system and reduce your range possible. There isn't a set fee for a check up since it is impossible to know ahead of time what parts and labor may be required, but a general check over per system without any parts required (generally the case for a simple check over without any problems) it will run around $10-$15 plus shipping. If any additional parts and labor are required however, this will be higher. The service center charge for radio repair is $30 per hour billed in 15 minute increments.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Mike Parsons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jr 8103 check up

Thanks Danny. With all the rain we have been having, now might be a good time to send it in.