Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Servo Movement - unwanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 04:51 PM
bipeaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Movement - unwanted

Danny,

I have a brand new JR 3421 digital servo connected via pull-pull to the rudder of my Ultimate 40. After a couple of flights, I landing the plane taxi into the pits and the rudder started flapping back and forth about 1/4 inch. I touched the rudder and it stopped. I moved the stick and the rudder moved and tracked as it should. Centered the stick and it started flapping back and forth. There is no noise from the servo indicating that is might be hunting for neutral before it starts flapping.

I loosened the pull-pull cables. It has seemed to have stopped. Although I could have sworn it started flapping again on take off after another 6 flights. The problem has not reoccurred with the plane on the ground.

Any comments? Should I send it in for service?

Thanks.

Jim
Old 07-24-2002, 05:31 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Servo Movement - unwanted

It sounds like you are just experiencing some overshoot oscillation. If you can touch it, and it stops, it is not really a problem. If it does not stop when you touch it, the pot is probably wore on the servo. The little bit of pre-load provided by you touching the surface, stops the servo from overshooting it's center point, and the surface stops moving.