Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

4721 servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 07:47 PM
go vertical
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4721 servos

I lost a aeroworks 29% katana on its 3rd flyt i was flying strait and level when i herd something crack and the the whole tail started to shake wiping out the gears and crashing the plane the plane is an a r f i felt there was a structurel defect I have 30 years flying &building experince I called aeroworks explained every thing to them they feel the cause of the crash was that i used 4721 JR servoes they said that 4721 gears fail often is this a problem and if so wat do you recomend I do with them
Old 08-19-2004, 09:06 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4721 servos

I'm sorry about the loss of your aircraft. That is simply not true on the gear train of the 4721. They hold up very well. They are a nylon gear servo, perhaps the model requires a servo with a metal gear train? I've used 4721's on 35% aircraft in the past and they work extremely well. The mechanical advantage must be set to prevent flutter as with any model of this size or type, but the servo itself works very well. It sounds like there was some flutter in the tail that took out the gear train. When flutter starts, something is going to give eventually unless the speed of the model is reduced immediately and the oscillation stops.