Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

jr 8103 momentary switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 03:30 PM
rand24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr 8103 momentary switch

Man that spring-loaded trainer switch parked right under my left finger sure is nice on my new 8103....wish i could use it for simple launch preset...any thots? I mean that aux 2 switch is exactly the same just in the wrong spot?............

If any JR associates are listening (I know...reading), please enable the snap-roll switch to be used as a launch preset in sailplane mode. Basically, the same programming that is used in acro mode. I can live without the stopwatch function anyway (that’s what a clip on stopwatch is for).

Danny there is a pretty long thread on another board about this subject...Can you comment on the subject ....What If we just switched the wires from Aux2 to Trainer...would that work?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:55 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: jr 8103 momentary switch

There is no way to program to the momentary switch outside of the built in functions that use it. It would be possible to say substitute say the gear or the program mix switch to a momentary switch, and in some cases the position of these switches can be changed. This would require the system to be sent in, but that may be possible. That is the only way that you would be able to program anything to a momentary switch.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Bill Mixon

Why is it like that though, Danny?

In acro mode, the momentary switch can be programmed for a rudder / elev preset, but when in sailplane mode you can't. And in sailplane mode is where lots of people need it.

Bill
Old 08-25-2004, 01:37 PM
dsnyder

Unless you use the snap roll function, I wouldn't know how you would do that in acro mode either. With the 8103, there isn't a way to program anything but built in functions to the momentary switch. I don't know why it was made this way.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Bill Mixon

Yes, it's the snap roll function.
I didn't realize it, but I setup my rud/ elev control discus launch gliders in Acro to take advantage of the trainer/ snap roll switch. The guys like rand24 above that use crow can't because in sailplane mode the Snap Roll feature is gone from the list.
I've tried to think of a good way to do it with some mix in acro to get the crow but I don't know of a way to do it.

Bill
Old 08-26-2004, 09:02 AM
dsnyder

In ACRO mode, crow can be set up, but requires 5 mixes to do so if the switch of the gear channel and the pot of aux 2 is to be inhibited. To set up crow, first, turn on flaperon in the wing type. Then you can set up a gear to gear mix in say mix 5, enter an offset, assign the mix to a switch say LAND, and then enter the percentage needed. Then repeat this in a aux 2 (SPOI) to aux 2 mix say in mix 6. Then set up in mix 3 and 4 gear to gear and aux 2 to aux 2 mixes, leave the switch as ON (not on a switch) and enter -100% percentages in both directions of switch and pot movements to eliminate them from affecting things. Then in say mix 2, set up a flap to flap mix, and set the percentage to make the ailerons go up as needed. This will put the ailerons on channels 2 and 6, and flaps on channels 5 and 7. It is complex and uses up almost all the mixes, but can be done. If many other mixes are required for other functions however, it may not be possible.