Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP642 motor interfearance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 10:41 AM
rdeis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP642 motor interfearance?

Hi, Danny. Got my manual yesterday, thanks!

I am flying a GWS A-10 with GWS EFD-55 300H motors using my JRXP642 and the receiver it came with when I bought it new several years ago. The receiver is in the nose, with the antenna strung out behind along the fuse.

During flight I've noticed an occaisional stutter in the motors, as if the Tx signal was momentarily interrupted. If there's a loss of control, it goes by quickly enough that I haven't had a problem yet, but it worries me. It's happened at a couple of different attitudes. I moved the antenna so it runs from the nose to one fin instead of between the fans, and it still happens.

I haven't found any loose connections yet, and I'm sure that I'm not hitting the LVC on the speed control. Can you think of anything else I should check, or have you heard of electrics causing any interfearance issues?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:01 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP642 motor interfearance?

It is possible that any electrical item can cause noise. I would check for any loose or dirty connections throughout the system including the speed controls, motors, etc. In many cases with electric aircraft, I neatly wrap the antenna around a piece of foam or small piece of lightweight balsa stick, and secure it to the aircraft w/ tape. This has worked very well for me. Just don't wrap the antenna over itself on the coil. If you can range test while narrowing down the amount of equipment installed (unplug or remove an item at a time to try to find the issue) it should help narrow the problem down.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:08 PM
rdeis
My Feedback: (1)

What about the lighweight base loaded antennas? Might they help?
Old 09-01-2004, 10:26 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible that they could, but it is not guaranteed. It depends on the model, noise in the area or from other flyers, etc. Many factors affect range and radio performance.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:42 AM
gbcross

For what its worth it may actually be the brushes in the motor letting go some "wear" that makes the motor studder. I had a similar experience with a GWS pico stick (with the old copper brushed black backed motor) untill it woor out and was replaced with a "grey backed" carbon brushed replacement motor. Then the intermittent motor blips stopped.