Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

erratic aileron servo

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:38 PM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default erratic aileron servo

Hi, I was doing a control check this morning and saw something bad. As I returned the aileron stick to neutral, the ailerons would go past neutral, then to full deflection in the other direction all whille the stick was still a little to the right. The aelerons seemed to move farther when doing this than they are programmed to travel. When I switched to airplane 2, the problem went away. The radio is the 421 JR with a 770 receiver. Is there anything I can do before I send it in for repairs? The aileron has always had the jitters when going to neutral, like it can't find neutral. I'm glad I did the surface check before flying, it would'nt have been fun.
Thanks for the help, Mike
Old 09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: erratic aileron servo

I would recommend sending the servo, receiver, and TX in for a check up to be certain that you don't have a problem with either of those components. The only thing I would recommend you to check would be to check your connectors at all points to be sure they are making good contact (unplug them and re-install them a couple of times to be sure they are clean and making good contact.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:59 PM
WMB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Danny, I'll do that. Do I need a form before I send it to Horizon?
Mike
Old 09-08-2004, 02:45 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do not need a form. You can send them in with a letter describing the problem along with your name, address, and daytime phone number sent to the address below.

Horizon Service Center
Attn: JR Service
4105 Fieldstone Rd
Champaign IL 61822