Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102 Mixing

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:42 AM
bc29b627

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6102 Mixing

Danny, in my new H9 Funtana 90, I am using a R700 receiver and a 6102. I have the flaperon function enabled. My question is, can I plug in the two elevator servo's to the Elevator and Gear channels and mix them together using Mix 4? I have it working, with no problems. This setup allows me to use all six channels on the radio and no wire harnesses. Do you see any problems with this set up?
Old 09-07-2004, 02:06 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6102 Mixing

Yes, you sure can do that. Just set your percentages in mix 4 to 100%. Also inhibit the gear in the switch select function.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:19 PM
stoney418

Danny,

I just ordered a new JR 6102 and have been reading the manual on-line. I'm considering playing around with some of the mixing options to produce a "landing profile" for a Goldberg Sukhoi 120 ARF or any tail dragger without traditional flaps for that matter. I figure that if I mix the right amount of Flaps (flaperons) with the right amount of elevator. When you input the correct amount of throttle the combination would produce such a landing profile.

My thought's are to activate flaperon mode by using an assignable switch during the final leg. Thus putting the plane in "landing mode" I figure with the right mix of up elevator (elevator being the master) and with flaperons set with proportionally less flap as you add elevator (flaperon as the slave). Or is it the opposite or otherwise? I'm not sure. With right amount of throttle. A perfect landing profile could be achieved. I'm not sure how to do this mix or if its even possible or aerodynamically correct. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stoney418
Old 11-08-2004, 10:17 AM
dsnyder

You could certainly do that, and it could be set either way, either having the ailerons work as flaps with elevator, or have the elevator set to take away flap if you have moved the flaps with a switch. One concern though is that having the ailerons work as flaps is that it can cause wash in and cause tip stalling issues. So if you do set this up, try it with some altitude first and make sure the plane will not tip stall at slow speeds which could case a bad day on landing.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:10 PM
stoney418

Thanks Danny,

I'll let you know how things come out.

I do have one other Q. When I bought the radio I was not able to get the PCM version R770 from the place I purchased it from. I had to settle with the FM receiver R700. If in the future If purchase a second receiver to add to an other plane. Will I be able to just set up another model on the radio with the PCM mode (R770) selected? I assume that thats the case but I thought I'd ask anyway. My guess that Heli's are the same. As the code is already on the radio.

Thanks again

Stoney418
Old 11-08-2004, 04:27 PM
dsnyder

Yes, that is correct. For future models, just set the modulation to SPCM and you would be set to use the R770 receiver.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:48 PM
stoney418

Danny,

I got my JRXP6102 radio the other day and noticed that the lable on the top center of the transmitter did not say "JR Propo" as picture on the manal shows. It instead just says "JR". It seems to be the correct radio but I was concerned that maybe I got an older or differant version of the radio. One concern I have in paticular is that the radio I got might be one of the radios mentioned in the bulletin below. I will be charging my radio with an Accu Cycle Elite. The bulletin implies that this is an issue if you have purchased a JR XP6102 prior to February 1, 2004. I did not buy it before Feb 1 04 but the dealer that I bought it from might have. Is there a way to determine if my transmitter one one of the pre Feb 1 04 models?

The Bulletin:

JR XP6102 Transmitters - Battery Charging Change
The new JR XP6102 comes with a charge circuit diode that protects against reverse polarity charging. This is a benefit to those who may inadvertently attempt to charge the transmitter battery using a non-JR charger. This diode does, however, limit the benefits of peak detector charging and the cycling of batteries.
Horizon has found that most US customers prefer the option of peak detector charging and cycling capability over reverse polarity protection. We will, therefore, institute a change with the manufacturer which eliminates the charge circuit diode in future units.
If you have purchased a JR XP6102 prior to February 1, 2004 and would like to have your transmitter modified, please contact our Product Support team. Modifications will be free of charge.

Just wondering what is the differance if any there is from the "JR" Vs The "JR Propo" Also what does the term PROPO actually mean? I ask because I noticed that that the PROPO lable is on all of the other high end JR radios.

Thanks

Stoney418
Old 11-15-2004, 10:16 AM
dsnyder

I've seen both, that is I've seen it say JR and JR PROPO. It isn't an indication of anything. You can find if your system as a diode by attempting to cycle or discharge the transmitter through the charge jack. If you can, it doesn't have a diode in the charge circuit, if you can't, it does and you can send the system in for conversion if you wish. The system will operate just fine either way, but if it does have the diode, you simply can not cycle the battery while in the transmitter.

PROPO stands for proportional.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:03 PM
carstoreguy

Hope you can help! On my hanger 9 60 size mustang I'm using my 6102 , the airplane has 2 aileron servos (set up on a "y") and pluged in to aileron, 1 gear servo for retracts, the throttle, rudder and elevator servos. I have installed a smoke system and want to make it work on the right switch. I cant seem to make it work as flaps. The smoke system is SullivanSky Writer and I was hoping to be able to adjust the amount of flow with the sub tirm or servo end point adjust.
any ideas?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:34 AM
dsnyder

Make sure that the flaps are assigned to the right switch if you choose to use it in the switch select function and that the smoke is plugged into channel 6. You should then be able to use travel adjust to adjust the flow with that pump.