Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Mode 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:33 PM
DLK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mode 1

Danny:

I have been a very loyal JR customer for many years. In fact I still have (don't fly) the first programable radio, the Galaxy. Believe it or not it says "CIRCUS HOBBIES INC, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA" on the front. Yes I bought it from Bill Bennet. Sad day when we lost him.

I'm a little puzzled about 2 things when it comes to the new 9303 radio. MODE 1 is delayed!!! What's the deal with that! 40% of our club is Mode 1, we have 110 members. I know that Mode 2 is the way most fly now and if you want to get into a real debate on which is best - - -. I just read stats that Europe and Japan are big into Mode 1. I ordered a 9301 from my LHS and it's going to be months before Mode 1 is released. I don't get it.

The second question is ZPPM. I know, this one is a no brainer. No one cares about ZPPM. I have 4 receivers in ZPPM. Quess what are they big, yup, do they work, perfect. Yes I can use my other transmitters. I can live without this.

I know I'm going back a long time. I have MANY JR transmitters, receivers and servos. I am a proud and very loyal JR customer and by the way your company, Horizon, can't be beat when it comes to product line and customer service.

I always try to keep up on the latest products from JR, the MODE 1 thing really has me - I guess confused.

Yours truly, Dave
Old 09-09-2004, 09:43 PM
DLK

Default RE: Mode 1

Danny and guys:

I meant Z-PCM, not ZPPM. Dave
Old 09-10-2004, 09:00 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mode 1 sets required a bit of reprogramming to achieve and JR is working on it. They will be available, it will just be a bit of time. I don't personnally feel that either mode is best. I feel it is more a personal choice of which type to learn and use.

ZPCM is being fazed out at this time. There are no ZPCM receivers available any longer and new systems (such as the 6102 and 9303) will no longer have ZPCM.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:40 AM
DLK

Danny:

You better not take sides on the Mode 1 or 2 issue<G>. We have more fun at our club with this. As you can see I have a personalized license plate, MODE 1. My best friend has MODE 2.

Thanks for the reply. Dave
Old 09-10-2004, 12:11 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

It is interesting that the Graupner MX-22 can switch between Mode 1 or 2 with just the press of a few button. Of course, the spring on the sticks would have to be moved but that is not that big a deal. Strange that JR and Graupner don't seem to exchange programming information despite them being in business together. I would have thought JR would have done this via software as Graupner did and thus cut down on their manufacturing burden.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
dsnyder

I'm not taking sides. Either way works. I don't feel there is a genuine benifit to any particular mode. I believe it is whatever you learn. If you are moving both sticks in all directions at all times it doesn't really matter which mode you are on, as long as you know what is what and do not have to spend time thinking about which stick does what.

Graupner gets some equipment manufactured by JR, but they are not necessarily in business together. The MX-22 and the 9303 are completely different systems, only the case is similar. Everything else is different.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:47 PM
VinceL

On the issue of ZPCM. I really feel that JR has forgotten about its customer base here. I have a bunch of ZPCM recievers and they all work well. I have egarly anticipated the release of the new 9303 and only found that it didn't support ZPCM via this forum. Yes I know it is in the manual and pamplet but since all of the previous radios supported both S and Z I assumed this one would too. I simply can't understand why JR would choose not to make this radio backwards compatible. I have been loyal to JR for years and would like to continue to be loyal. If the company decides to come out with a new technology type and not support the old,and its not that old, it leaves me wondering if they're being loyal to me. I was going to be first in line for the new 9303 but now I'm really wondering if thats the line I want to be in. Sorry for the rant but I have a bunch of equipment that now only works with old transmitters. Don't suppose that JR would offer a nice discount on a new SPCM recievers with the trade of some ZPCMs???????[][]
Old 09-10-2004, 10:05 PM
DLK

Vince, that's a great idea! I feel as disapointed as you on the 9303 radio situation. As I posted above I must own 4 Z-PCM receivers. Of course Mode 1 delay is a real downer for me.

Dave
Old 09-11-2004, 09:41 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

The PCM 9X has programming for mode 1.2.3. or 4. In fact my 9x came on mode 1 and i only had to choose mode 2 in the settings mode and then switch the stick tension spring and throttle rachect to opposite sides, I am really surprised the 9303 doesn't have this feature since they are almost clones of each other. Could be that horizion is afraid that while playing with the settings some might inadvertainly switch the radio from mode 2 to some other mode and not realize it until something bad happens. Then horizion would catch all grades of crap because they didn't make the radio idiot proof.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:32 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Gentlemen

Graupner MX 22.

Modes, and Z Pcm capability, not an issue.